- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Fiber Stacking Angle on the Relationship Between Fatigue Crack and Delamination Behavior in a Hybrid Composite Materials
하이브리드 복합재료의 섬유배향각이 피로균열 및 층간분리 거동의 관계에 미치는 영향
- Published : 2004.03.01
The hybrid composite material (Al/GFRP laminates) are applied to the fuselage and wing in a aircraft. Therefore, Al/GFRP laminates suffer from the cyclic bending moments. This study was to evaluate the effect of fiber stacking angle on the fatigue crack propagation and delamination behavior using the relationship between crack growth rate (da/dN) and stress intensity factor range (ΔK) in Al/GFRP laminates under cyclic bending moment. The variable delamination growth behavior in case of three different type of fiber orientations, i.e., [Al/O
Hybrid Composite Materials;Fatigue Crack;Delamination;Fiber Stacking Angle;Crack Growth Rate;Stress Intensity Factor Range;Delamination Area;Fiber Bridging Effect
- Tohru Takamatsu, Takashi Matsumura, Norio Ogura, Toshiyuki Shimokawa, Yoshiaki Kakuta, 1999, Fatigue Crack Growth Properties of a GLARE3-5/4 fiber/metal Laminate,' Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 63, pp. 253-272. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(99)00021-1
- Marissen, R., 1988, 'Fatigue Crack Growth in ARALL;A Hybrid Aluminum-Aramid Composite Material:Crack Growth Mechanism and Quantitative Prediction of the Crack Growth Rates,' Ph. D. Thesis, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Roebroeks, G. H. J. J., 1986, 'Observations on Cyclic Delamination in ARALL Under Fatigue Loading,' Report LR-496, Dept. of Aerospace Eng. Delft Univ. of Tech., Netherlands.
- Sam-Hong Song and Cheol-Woong Kim, 2004, 'Evaluation of Delamination Behavior in Hybrid Composite Using the Relationship Between Crack Length and Delamination Width,' Transactions of the KSME, A, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 55-62 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2004.28.1.055
- Sam-Hong Song and Cheol-Woong Kim, 2003, 'The Fatigue Behavior and Delamination Properties in Fiber Reinforced Aramid Laminates -Case (I) AFRP/AI Laminates- ,' KSME International Journal, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 343-349
- Bucci, R.J., Mueller, L.N., Vogelesang, L. B. and Gunnink, J. W., 1989, Treatise on Material Science and Technique, Vol. 31, No. 295
- Sam-Hong Song and Cheol-Woong Kim, 2000, 'The Influence of Resin Mixture Ratio for the Use of Prepreg on the Fatigue Behavior Properties in FRMLs,' KSPE International Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 33-41
- Lee, Y.S., Lee, Y. W. and Na, M. S., 1990, 'Optimal Design of Hybrid Laminated Composite Plates,' Transactions of the KSME, A, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 1391-1407.
- Sam-Hong Song and Cheol-Woong Kim, 2003, Analysis of Delamination Behavior on the Stacking Sequence of Prosthetic Foot Keel in Glass Fiber Reinforced Laminates,' Transactions of the KSME, A. Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 623-631 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.4.623
- Kim.C., Kang, T.J. Yook, J. I. and Park, J. K., 1995, 'Effect of the Intraply Hybridization on the Mechanical Properties of Kevlar/Spectra Woven Laminated Composite,' Journal of the KSCM, Vol. 8, pp. 25-35.
- Choi, N.S. and Kinloch, A. J., 1998, 'Delamination Behavior of Multidirectional Laminates under the Mode Ⅰ Loading,' Transactions of the KSME, A, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 611-623.