- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Application of FAD on Pressure Tube for the Probabilitic Integrity Assessment
파손평가선도를 이용한 압력관 결함의 확률론적 건전성 평가
- Published : 2004.03.01
Pressure tubes are major component of nuclear reactor, but only selected samples are periodically examined due to numerous numbers of tubes. Current in-service inspection result show there is high probability of flaw existence at uninspected pressure tube. Probabilistic analysis is applied in this study for the integrity assessment of uninspected pressure tube. All the current integrity evaluations procedures are based on conventional deterministic approaches. So it is expected that the results obtained are too conservative to perform a rational evaluation of lifetime. More realistic failure criteria, based on FAD are also proposed for the probabilistic analysis. As a result of this study failure probabilities for various conditions are calculated, and examined application of FAD and LBB concept.
FAD;Monte Carlo Simulation;Plastic Collapse;Probabilistic Integrity Assessment
- Harris, D.O., Dedhia, D.D. and Lu, S.C., 1992, PRAISE:A Probabilistic Fracture Mechanics Computer Code for Piping Reliability Analysis,' NUREG/CR-5864.
- A.M. Law, W.D. Kelton, 1991, Simulation Modeling and Analysis, 2nd Edition.
- Zahoor, A., 1991, 'Ductile Fracture Handbook,' Novetech Corp. & EPRI, Vol. Ⅰ,Ⅱ,Ⅲ
- Ruiz Ocejo, J., Gutierrez-Solana, F., Gonzalez-Posada, M.A. and Gorrochategui, I., 1997, 'Failure Assessment Diagram,' Cantabria Univ. Report/SINTAP/UC/05.
- Carter, A.J., 1992, 'A library of limit loads for FRACTURE-TWO,' Nuclear Electric Report TD/SID/REP/0191.
- Milne, I. Ainsworth, R, Dowling, A.R. and Stewart, A.T., 1987, 'Assessment of the Integrity of Structures Containing Defects,' CEGB, Report R/H/R6-Rev.3.
- Anderson, T.L., 1995, Fracture Mechanics, 2nd edition, CRC Press.
- Kiefner, J.F., Maxey, W.A., Eiber, R.J. and Duffy, A.R., 1973, 'Failure Stress Levels of Flaws in Pressurized Cylinders,' ASTM STP 536, pp. 461-481.
- Harrison, R.P., Loosemore, K. and Milne, I., 1976, 'Assessment of the Integrity of Structures Containing Defects,' CEGB report, R/H/R6-Rev.2, Central Electricity Generation Board, United Kingdom.
- Kim, Y.J., Kwak, S.L., Lee, J.S.and Park, Y.W., 2003, 'Integrity Evaluation System of CANDU Pressure Tube,' International Journal of KSME, Vol. 17, No. 7, pp. 947-957. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02982979
- Park, Y.W., Kang, S.S. and Han, B.S., 2002, 'Structural Integrity Assessment of Pressure Tubes for Wolsong Unit 1 Based on Operational Experiences,' Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 212, pp. 41-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(01)00477-0
- KINS, 1992, 'Preliminary Safety Review Report on Wolsong Unit 2,' KINS /AR-152.
- Becher, P.E., Pedersen, A., 1974, 'Application of Statistical Linear Elastic Fracture Mechanics to Pressure Vessel Reliability Analysis,' Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 17. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(71)90035-5
- Canadian Standards Association, 1994, Periodic Inspection of CANDU Nuclear Power Plant Components,' CSA-N285.4.
- Bloom, J.M., 1984, 'Probabilistic Fracture Mechanics-A State of the Art,' ASME Pressure Vessel and Piping, Symposium on advances in probabilistic structural analysis, Vol. 92, pp. 1-19.
- Lee, J.S., Kwak, S.L. and Kim, Y.J., 2001, 'Application of Probabilistic Fracture Mechanics Techanique Using Monte Carlo Simulation,' Journal of KSPE, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 154-160.
- Patrick D.T.O'Connor, 1997, Practical Reliability Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd Edition