- Volume 33 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Liquid. Culture of Coriolus versicolor on Lipid Metabolism, Protein Level and Enzyme Activities in Rats
운지버섯 균사체 배양액이 성장기 흰쥐의 지질대사, 단백질 농도 및 효소활성에 미치는 영향
- Published : 2004.03.01
The effects of liquid culture of Coriolus versicolor on the body weight gain, lipid metabolism, protein levels and enzyme activities were studied in growing male rats. Sprague-Dawley rats were divided into four groups; control group (C. versicolor free water), 10%, 20% or 30% C. versicolor groups (10%, 20% or 30% C. versicolor in water) according to the levels of C. versicolor supplementation. The rats were fed ad libitum each of the experimental beverage for 5 weeks. The body weight gain, food intake, food efficiency ratio, and organ weight of the all C. versicolor groups were similar to those of the control group. There were no differences in the concentrations of triglyceride, total cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol, total protein and albumin, and the activities of GOT, GPT, and alkaline phosphatase of the serum among the experimental groups. However, the atherogenic index of the 30% C. versicolor groups were significantly lower than those of the control group, and the serum HDL-cholesterol/total cholesterol ratio increased.
- Lee JY. 1993. Coloured Korean mushrooms. Academy Book Co, Seoul. p 241.
- Mau JL, Lin HC, Chen CC. 2001. Non-volatile components of several medicinal mushrooms. Food Research International 34: 521-526. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-9969(01)00067-9
- Ng TB. 1998. A review of research on the protein bound polysaccharide (polysaccharopeptide, PSP) from the mushroom Coriolus versicolor (Basidiomycetes: Polyporaceae). Gen Pharmac 30: 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-3623(97)00076-1
- Cui J, Chisti Y. 2003. Polysaccharopeptides of Coriolus versicolor physiological activity, uses, and production. Biotechnology Advances 21: 109-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0734-9750(03)00002-8
- Kim BK, Jang SY, Shim MJ. 1978. Studies on the higher fungi of Korea (VIII), sterols of Coriolus versicolor (Fr.). Korean J Mycol 6: 1-4.
- Yokokawa H. 1980. Fatty acid and sterol compositions in mushrooms of ten species of polyporaceae. Phytochemistry 19: 2615-2618. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(00)83929-1
- Lee BW, Lee MS, Park KM, Kim CH, Ahn PU, Choi CU. 1992. Anticancer activities of the extract from the mycelia of Coriolus versicolor. Korean J Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 20: 311-315.
- Cho SM, Yu SH, Shin GC. 1996. Biological activities of culture broth of some wood rotting Basidiomycetes. Korean J Mycol 24: 17-24.
- Kidd PM. 2001. The use of mushroom glucans and proteoglycans in cancer treatment. Altern Med Rev 5: 4-27.
- Tsang KW, Lam CL, Lam WK. 2003. Coriolus versicolor polysaccharide peptide slows progression of advenced nonsmall cell lung cancer. Respiratory Medicine 97: 618-624. https://doi.org/10.1053/rmed.2003.1490
- Li XY, Wang JF, Zhu PP. 1990. Immune enhancement of a polysaccharide peptides isolated from Coriolus versicolor. Zhobgguo Yao Li Xue Bao 11: 542-545.
- Yang MM, Chen Z, Kwok JS. 1992. The anti-tumor effect of a small polypeptide from Coriolus versicolor (SPCV). Am J Clin Med 20: 221-232. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X92000230
- Dong Y, Kwan CY, Chen ZN. 1996. Antitumor effects of a refined polysaccharide peptide fraction isolated from Coriolus versicolor: invitro and invivo studies. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 92:140-148.
- Wasser SP, Weis AI. 1999. Medicinal properties of substances occurring in higher Basidiomycetes mushrooms: current perspective (review). International Journal of Medicinal Mushroom 1: 31-62. https://doi.org/10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.v1.i1.30
- Lee HS, Kweon MH, Lim HC. 1997. An anticoagulant polysaccharide isolated from the alkali extract of Coriolus versicolor. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 369-375.
- Lee HS, Kweon MH, Lim HC, Sung HC, Yang HC. 1997. Inhibitory mechanism of blood coagulation by the anticoagulant polysaccharide from Coriolus versicolor. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 817-822.
- Reeves PG, Nielsen FH, Fahey GC. 1993. AIN-93 purified diets for laboratory rodents final report of the American Institute of Nutrition ad hoc writing committee on the reformulation of the AIN-76A rodent diet. J Nutr 123: 1939-1951.
- Medical Laboratory. 1969. Technology and Clinical Pathology. 2nd ed. WB. Saunders Co, Philadelphia. p 673.
- Davidson I, Henry JB. 1966. Todd-Sanford clinical diagnosis by laboratory methods. 13th ed. WB. Saunders Co, Philadelphia. p 73-75.
- Haglund O, Loustarinen R, Wallin R, Wibell I, Saldeen T. 1991. The effect of fish oil on triglycerides, cholesterol, fibrinogen and malondialdehyde in humans supplemented with vitamin. Eur J Nutr 121: 165-172.
- Folch J, Lees M, Stanley GSH. 1957. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipid from animal tissues. J Biol Chem 226: 497-509.
- Frings CS, Dunn RT. 1970. A colorimetric method for determination of total serum lipid based on the sulfo-phospho-vanillin reaction. Am J Clin Path 53: 89-91.
- Koh JB. 2001. Effect of fruiting body of Cordyceps militaris on growth, lipid and protein metabolism and enzyme activities in male rats. Korean J Nutrition 34: 741-747.
- Koh JB. 2002. Effect of mycelium of Cordyceps militaris on growth, lipid metabolism and protein levels in male rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 685-690. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.4.685
- Cheung PCK. 1996. The hyporcholesterolemic effect of extracellular polysaccharide from the submerged fermentation of mushroom. Nutr Res 16: 1953-1957. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0271-5317(96)00218-7
- Ebihara K, Schnceman BO. 1989. Interaction of bile acids, phospholipids, cholesterol and triglycerides with dietary fiber inthe small intestine of rats. J Nutr 119: 1100-1106.
- Sugiyama K, Akachi T, Yamakawa A. 1995. Hypocholesterolemic action of eritadenine is mediate by a modification of hepatic phospholipid metabolism in rat. J Nutr 125: 2134-2140.
- Kabir Y, Kimura S, Tamura T. 1988. Dietary effects of Ganoderma lucidum mushroom on blood pressure and lipid levels in spontaneously hypotensive rats (SHR). J Nutr Sci Vitaminol 34: 433-438. https://doi.org/10.3177/jnsv.34.433
- Kim BK, Shin GG, Jeon BS, Cha JY. 2001. Cholesterollowering effect of mushrooms powder in hyperlipidemic rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 30: 510-515.
- Koh JB, Choi MA. 2003. Effect of Paecilomyes japonica on lipid metabolism in rats fed high fat diet. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 238-243. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.2.238
- Koh JB, Lee HJ. 2003. Effects of liquid culture of Agaricus blazei Murill on lipid metabolism and enzyme activities in rats fed high fat diet. Korean J Nutrition 36: 352-358.
- Koh JB. 2003. Effects of liquid culture of Agaricus blazei Murill on growth, lipid and protein levels, and enzyme activities in rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 887-892. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.6.887
- Kinosian B, Glick H, Preiss L, Puder KI. 1995. Cholesterol and coronary heart disease: predicting risk in men by changes in levels and ratios. J Invest Med 43: 443-450.
- Kailash P. 1999. Reduction of serum cholesterol and ypercholesterolemic atherosclerosis in rabbits by secoisolariciresinol diglucoside isolated from flaxseed. Circulation 99: 1355-1362. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.99.10.1355
- Kim HY, Song SW, Ha CS, Han SS. 1993. Effects of the population density on growth and various physiological values of Sprague-Dawley rats. Korean J Lab Ani Sci 9: 71-78.
- Kang BH, Son HY, Ha CS, Lee HS, Song SW. 1995. Reference value of hematology and serum chemistry in Ktc: Sprague-Dawley rats. Korean J Lab Ani Sci 11: 141-145.
- Burtis CA, Ashwood ER. 1999. Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry. 3th ed. WB. Saunders Co, Philadelphia. p 652-656.
- Hypoglycemic Effects of Exo-biopolymers Produced by Five Different Medicinal Mushrooms in STZ-induced Diabetic Rats vol.36, pp.1, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4489/MYCO.2008.36.1.045