- Volume 28 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Roll Over in the Tube Hydro-Piercing Process
튜브 하이드로 피어싱시 롤 오버의 실험적 분석
- 최성기 (부산대학교 대학원 정밀기계공학과/정밀금형 및 금형가공 연구센터) ;
- 안익태 (부산대학교 대학원 정밀기계공학과/정밀금형 및 금형가공 연구센) ;
- 문영훈 (부산대학교 정밀기계공학과)
- Published : 2004.07.01
During the tube hydropiercing, the region adjacent to the pierced hole will be deformed and will be drawn away from the die block as the punch advances through the wall of the tube. The deformation in the region may range from a substantially flat form to a countersunk form, so called rollover. In this study, the effects of material properties, shape of piercing punches, roundness of tube surface and internal pressure within the tube during piercing on the rollover have been investigated experimentally. The results provide the quantitative variation of rollover at given hydropiercing parameters, and a relationship between the deformed radius and the rollover caused by the deformation has been established.
Hydro-Piercing;Tube Hydroforming;Roll Over;Internal Pressure
- US Patent NO 5,974,846, Nov. 2, 1999, 'Method of Forming and Piercing a Tube.'
- US Patent NO 5,398,533, Mar. 21, 1995, 'Apparatus for Piercing Hydroformed Part.'
- US Patent NO 5,890,387, Apr. 6, 1999, 'Apparatus and Method for Forming and Hydroformed Piercing a Tubular Frame Member.'
- Asnafi, N. and Skogsgardh, A., 2000, 'Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Stroke-controlled Tube Hydroforming,' Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. A279, pp. 95-110 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(99)00646-2
- Brewster, K., Sutter, K., Ahmetoglu, M. and Altan, T., 1996, 'Hydroforming Tube,' The Tube and Pipe Quarterly, Vol. 7, No.4, pp. 34-40
- Shah, S. and Bruggemann, C., 1997, 'Hydroforming Products and Process Requirements and Implementation,' Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Automotive Tube Conference, Dearbon, Michigan, 13-14 May, p. 85
- AhmetogIu, M., Sutter, K., Li, X.J. and Altan, T., 2000, 'Tube Hydroforming: Current Research, Applications and Need for Training,' Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 98, pp. 224-231 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(99)00203-4
- JAE-WON, LEE. and JONG-JlNG, PARK., 2002, 'Analysis of Tube Expansion by Hydroforming,' KAME, Vol. 26, No. 11, pp. 2253-2261 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.11.2253