- Volume 28 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Automatic System Development by Using Friction Force and Stiffness with Nonlinear Characteristic
비선형 마찰과 강성을 이용한 자동화 시스템 개발
- Published : 2004.07.01
In this study, we developed an automatic veneer sorting system controlled by nonlinear friction and nonlinear stiffness. With these nonlinear characteristics, it was difficult to analysis and to control the system in the fast. However it is necessary to consider nonlinear characteristics to satisfy accurate and rapid control demand in these days. We used not only nonlinear friction but also nonlinear stiffness and combined both to control the system. An experimental device was designed with 4 AC servo-motors and 2 Sensors. Through a series of experiment, we found nonlinear friction characteristics among roller versus veneer and veneer versus veneer and nonlinear stiffness characteristics with stacked veneers. Finally, we showed that the proposed control algorithm was very effective for veneer sorting system with nonlinear friction and stiffness.
Nonlinear Friction;Nonlinear Stiffness;Sliding Friction;Rolling Friction
- Ko M. S., 2002, 'Research about Development of an Automatic Sorting System Driven by Control of Friction,' Kookmin University, Seoul, pp. 30-32
- Richard C. Dorf and Robert H. Bishop, 2001, 'Modern Control Systems,' Prentice Hall, New Jersey, pp.52-56
- Luntz J., Messner W., and Choset H., 1997, 'Parcel Manipulation and Dynamics with a Distributed Actuator Array: The virtual vehicle,' In processing, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp.1541-1546 https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.1997.614359
- Peter J. Blau, 1996, 'Friction Science and Technology,' Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York, pp. 38-39,pp.109-110
- Wriggers P., 2002, 'Computational Contact Mechanics,' John Wiley & Sons, LTD., West Sussex, pp.13-20
- Sang-Chae Kim, Soo-Hyun Kim, Kyihwan Park, and Yoon Yeoun Kwak, 1996, 'Modeling and Analysis of a Friction Drive Type Precise Actuator,' Transactions of the KSME, Vol. 20, Seoul, pp. 1421-1423.
- Goryacheva I. G., 1998, 'Contact Mechanics in Tribology,' Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Netherland, pp. 73-74
- Brian Armstrong-Helouvry, 1991, 'Control of Machines with Friction,' Kluwer Academic Publishers, Massachusetts, pp. 11-17