- Volume 28 Issue 5
This paper deals with the issue of Neural Network-based control for a rodless pneumatic cylinder system which is utilized for a pneumatic XY-plotter. In order to identify the system design parameters, the open loop response of a pneumatic rodless cylinder controlled by a pneumatic servovalve is investigated by applying a self-excited oscillation method. Based on the system design parameters, the PD feedback compensator is designed and then Neural Network is incorporated with it. The experiment of a trajectory tracking control using a PD-NN has been performed and proved its excellent performance by comparing with that of a PD feedback compensator.
Neural Network;Pneumatic Rodless Cylinder;Self-excited Oscillation;Trajectory Tracking Control
- Nishiumi, T., and Konami, S., 1997, 'An Application of the Identification Method Using Self Excited Oscillation to Hydraulic Motor/Load System,' 10th Bath International Fluid Power Workshop, pp.381-395
- Konami, S., Nishiumi, T., and Hata, K., 1996, 'Identification of Linearized Electro-Hydraulic Servovalve Dynamics by Analyzing Self-Excied Oscillations,' Journal of the Japan Hydraulics and Pneumatics Society, Vol.27, No.4, pp.143-149
- Shih, M.C., Pai, K.R., 2002, 'Development of the Pneumatic Servo Control System,' Fifth Jfps International Symposium on Fluid Power, Nara, Vol.1, pp.11-22
- Drakunov, S., Hanchin, G.D., Su, W.C., and Ozguner, U., 1997, 'Nonlinear Control of a Rodless Pheumatic Servoactuator, or Sliding Modes Versus Coulomb Friction,' Automatica, Vol.33, No.7, pp. 1401-1408 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-1098(97)00015-0
- Tanaka, K., Sakamoto, M., Sakou, T., Kurigami, M., and Shimizu, A., 1997, 'Improved Design Scheme of MRAC for Pneumatic Servo Sysem with Additive External Forces,' Trans. of JSME, Vol.63, No.613, pp.144-150