- Volume 28 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Quality Assurance for Rotational Molding Products
회전성형 제품의 품질 개선을 위한 연구
- Published : 2004.06.01
Rotational molding is a plastics processing technique that is ideally suited to producing relatively large, hollow, seamless parts which are partially or totally enclosed. Designers of plastic parts turn to rotational molding to produce small or large parts of unusual shape that cannot be produced as one piece by other processes, e.g., blow molding and thermoforming. In this paper, in order to enhance the quality of rotational molding plastic products, 1) surface features for the plastic products are characterized by using an image analysis system, 2) maximum tensile strength for the plastic products that are made of materials that consist of Samsung-Atofina R90lU, pigments and two different kinds of calcium carbonate (OMYA CaCO
Rotational Molding;Surface Image Test;Tensile Test;Ultrasonic Testing Method
- Image Pro Plus, 1993, Image Pro Reference Guide, I&G Plus Inc.
- James, M. G., 2002, Mechanics of Materials, 5th Ed., Kyobobook, Seoul, pp. 13-28
- Lee, J. G., 1999, 4400 Series Manual, INSTRON KOREA Inc.
- American Society for Testing and Materials, 1990, Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 08.01., ASTM Intl.
- Park, I. K. and Lee, U. J., 1994, Practice of Ultrasonic Testing, Gold Pubs., Seoul, pp. 52
- Krautkramer, 1998, Operating Manual for Model USN 52R, QCS Inc.
- Korea Polytec Co, Ltd., http://www.kpolytec.com/rotational.htm
- Nugent, P., 2001, Rotational Molding : A Practical Guide, Glenn Beall Plastics Ltd., pp. 18-708
- Amstead, B. H., Ostwald, P. F. and Begeman, M. L., 1995, Manufacturing Processes, 8th Ed., Cheong Moon Gak, Seoul, pp. 268-270
- Liu, S.-J. and Tsai, C.-H., 1999, 'Factors Affecting the Warpage of Rotationally Molded Parts,' Advances in Polymer Technology , Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 201-207 https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2329(199923)18:3<201::AID-ADV1>3.0.CO;2-N
- Liu, S.-J. and Tsai, C.-H., 1999, 'An Experimental Study of Foamed Polyethylene in Rotational Molding,' Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 39, No. 39, pp. 1776-1786 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.11572
- Karger-Kocsis, J. (Edt)., 1995, Polypropylene Structure, Blends and Composites : Composites, Chapman & Hall, London, pp. 71-280