- Volume 8 Issue 5
In this paper we analyze the effects of frequency offset, doppler spread, sampling and oscillator phase noise in mobile channels on orthogonal frequency division multiplexing(OFDM)system, Since this kind of distortions cause subcarrier interference which can be seen as additional noise, performance of OFDM system is degraded. We show the limitation of maximum carrier frequency offset and doppler frequency to maintain designated SNR, and analyze characteristics of the performance of OFDM systems considering the oscillator phase noise.
- Branimir Stantchev, 'Time variant distortions in OFDM' IEEE commun. Vol 4, No 9, september, 2000
- Paul H. Moose, 'A Technique for Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Frequency Offset Correction' IEEE Trans. commun, Vol 42, No 10, October 1994
- P. Robertson and Stefan Kaiser, 'The effects of Doppler spreads on OFDM(A) mobile radio systems,' in Proc IEEE VIC Fall, Amsterdam, Holland, Sept. 14-17, 1999
- Matthias Patzold, 'Mobile fading channels', WILEY, pp.259-265, January 2002
- J. Stott, 'The effects of phase noise in COFDM', EBU Technical Review, No 276 summer pp.12-25, 1998
- P.Robertson and S. Kaiser, 'Analysis of the effects of phase noise in orthogonal frequency division multiplex (OFDM) systems,' in Proc. ICC. Seattle, WA, June 18-22, pp.1652-1657, 1995