- Volume 15 Issue 8
This paper proposes a method that estimates MIMO channel characteristics analytically using a 3D ray tracing propagation model. We calculate the discrete spatial correlation between sub-channels by considering phase differences of paths, and using this, estimate the mean capacity upper bound of MIMO channel by Jensen's inequality. This analysis model is a deterministic model that do not approach stochastically through measurement nor approach statistically through Monte-Carlo simulations, so this model has high efficiency for time and cost. And based on the electromagnetic theory, this model may analyze quantitatively the parameters which can affect the channel capacity - antenna pattern, polarization mutual coupling, antenna structure and etc. This model may be used for the development of an optimal antenna structure for MIMO systems.
- Wireless Personal Communications v.6 On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when using multiple antennas G. J. Foschini;M. J. Gans https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008889222784
- IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation v.47 no.8 A deterministic ray tube method for microcellular wave propagation prediction model H. W. Son;N. H. Myung
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2001. Canadian Conference on v.1 On the use of Jensen's inequality for MIMO channel capacity estimation S. Loyka;A. Kouki
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications v.14 no.3 A characterization of indoor space and frequency diversity by ray-tracing modeling G. E. Corazza;V. Degli-Esposti;M. Frullone;G. Riva
- Space-Time Wireless Channels G. D. Durgin
- Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing 2001 Proceedings(ICASSP '01) IEEE International Conference on v.4 Mutual coupling effects on the capacity of multielement antenna systems T. Svantesson;A. Ranheim