- Volume 28 Issue 11
Direct drive servovalve(DDV) is a kind of one-stage valve because the main spool valve is directly driven by the DC motor. Since the structure of DDV is simple, it is less expensive, more reliable and offers reduced internal leakage and reduced sensitivity to fluid contamination. However, the flow force effect on the spool motion is significant such that it induces large steady-state error in a step response. If the proportional control gain is increased to reduce the steady-state error, the system becomes unstable. In order to satisfy the system design requirements, the lead-lag controller is designed using the complex method that is one kind of constrained direct search method.
Direct Drive Servo Valve;Lead-Lag Controller;Complex Method;Constrained Direct Search
- Lee, S. R., Kim, J. Y. and Kim, C. B., 2000, 'Study for the Controller Design of a Direct Drive Servo Valve,' Proceedings of the 15th KACC, CD 179rd.hwp.
- Lee, S. R., Choi, H. Y. and Moon, E. J, 2002, 'Classical Controller Design of Direct Drive Servo Valve Using Analytical Bode Method,' Transactions of the KSME A, Vol. 26, No.4, pp. 754-763 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.4.754
- Reklaitis, G. V., Ravindran, A. and Ragsdell, K., 1983, M., Engineering Optimization Methods and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 268-277
- Fleisher, W. A., 1989, 'Brushless Motors for Limited Rotation,' Machine Design, December 7, pp.101-105
- Merritt, H. E., 1967, Hydraulic Control Systems, John Wiley and Sons, Inc, pp. 754-763
- Shahian, B., Hassul, M., 1993, Control System Design Using MATLAB, Prentice Hall, pp.189-192
- Elmqvist, H., Astrom, K. J., Schonthal, T., Wittenmark, B., 1990, SIMNON User's Guide for MS-DOS Computers, SSPA Systems
- Controller Parameters Design of Direct Drive Servo Valve Using Genetic Algorithm and Complex Method vol.37, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.4.475