- Volume 28 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Derivation of Effective Material Properties of Reinforced Braid Layer Using Detailed 3-D Finite Element Model
상세 유한요소 모델을 이용한 섬유 보강사의 등가물성 유도
- Published : 2004.11.01
Reinforced braid layer (RBL) in automobile power steering hose plays an important role in power steering system. When the working oil is applied to the power steering hose, RBL suppresses rubber hose deformation from internal pressure and heat expansion. RBL is woven textile composites having a double-row structure of nylon cords twisted with the specific helix angle. In this paper, effective material properties of RBL are estimated using a detailed 3-D finite element model considering its complicated geometry. Numerical experiments based on a superposition method are carried out to simulate uniaxial tensile loading condition.
Power Steering Hose;Reinforced Braid;Effective Material Property;Helix Angle;Woven Textile Composites;Orthotropic Material Property
- Jin-Rae Cho, Do-Hyung Jeon, Gi-Tae Roh, 2004, 'Finite Element Analysis of Power Steering Hose Subject to Internal Pressure', Transaction of the KSME, A, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 181-188 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2004.28.2.181
- Dieter Lietze, 1997, 'Requirements in the strength of rubber hose assemblies for high pressure acetylene', Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 54, pp. 227-240 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3894(96)01874-2
- Hyung-Je Kim, Byung-Tak Kim, 2001, 'Effect of the Friction on the Mechanical Behavior of a P/S Hose in Swaging', Proceedings of the KSME 2001 Autumn Annual Meeting, Vol. 1, No.2, pp. 1016-1022
- Foye, R. L., 1992, 'Finite Element Analysis of the Stiffness of Fabric Reinforced Composites,' NASA Contractor Report 189597
- Kyeong-Sik Woo, 2000, 'Finite thickness and tow phase shift effects on the mechanical behavior of plain weave textile composites', Journal of the Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 11-24
- Carl T. Herakovich, 1998, 'Mechanics of Fibrous Composites', John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Kyeong-Sik Woo, 1995, 'Effects of Fiber Tow Waviness and Harness Number on Mechanical Properties of Plain Woven Textile Composites', Journal of the Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 8, No.3, pp. 60-73
- Zienkiewicz, O. C. and Taylor, R. L. 1977, The Finite Element Method, McGraw-Hill, London