- Volume 8 Issue 6
The RR protocole, proposed in IETF mip6 WG and standardized by RFC 3775 at lune 2004, send a message 'Binding Update' that express MN's location information to CN safety and update location information. Standard RR protocole has some problems with initiating the protocol by the MN; it causes to increases in communication load in the home network, to increases communication delay between MN and CN. Also, is connoting vulnerability to against attacker who are on the path between CN and HA in security aspect. This paper proposes doing to delegate MN's location information update rights by HA new location information update method. That is, When update MN's location information to HA, Using MN's private key signed location information certificate use and this certificate using method that HA uses MN's location information at update to CN be. It decreases the route optimization overhead by reducing the number of messages as well as the using location information update time. Also, remove security weakness about against attacker who are on the path between CN and HA.
M. Roe, T. Aura, G. O'Shea, J. Arkko, 'Auth- entication of Mobile Ipv6 Binding Updates and Acknowledgements,'
, February 2002
C. Perkins, D. Johnson, 'Mobility Support in Ipv6,'
, February 2003
P. Nikander, C. Perkins, 'Binding Authentication Key Establishment Protocol for Mobile Ipv6,'
, July 2001
- D. Johnson, C. Perkins, J. Arkko, 'Mobility Support in IPv6,' IETF RFC 3775, June 2004
R. Moskowitz, P. Nikander, P. Jokela, T. He- nderson, 'Host Identity Protocol,'
, June 2004
- P. Nikander, J. Arkko, 'Delegation of Signalling Rights,' Security Protocol Workshop 2002
- 임강규, 남길현, 'Mobile IPv6 BU(Binding Up- dates)인증 방안에 관한 연구,' CISC-W' 03, 2003년 12월
- 나재훈, 이달원, 손승원, 조인준, 'MIPv60에서 RR프로토콜 성능개선 방안,' CISC-W'03, 2003년 7월
- Robert H. Deng, Jianying Zhou, Feng Bao, 'Defending against redirect attacks in mobile IP,' ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security 2002
A. Mankin, B. Patil, D. Harkins, E. Nordmark, P. Nikander, P. Roberts, T. Narten, 'Threat Models introduced by Mobile IPv6 and Requirements for Security in Mobile IPv6,'
, November 2001