- Volume 7 Issue 3
Theoretical study has been conducted to clarify pressure characteristics of KTX (Korea Train eXpress) in tunnel. The severe pressure change in tunnel may give rise to the ear-discomfort for passenger and fatigue for car body. Critical tunnel lengths which are induced by x-t diagram analysis can be applied to the experimental results measured by using the running test with atmospheric pressure sensors and portable data acquisition system in previous study. In this study, the tunnels from 200m to 4000m in length have been chosen for the investigation of tunnel length effects. We found that there are similar patterns of external pressure change for each critical tunnel length. The critical tunnel lengths are governed by train speed, train length and sonic velocity. And, the patterns of pressure wave in tunnel are classified into eight groups.
- Kim, H. D., 1997, 'Aerodynamic Analysis of a Train running in a Tunnel', Trans. of KSME, Vol.21, No.8, pp.963-972 (in Korean)
- Kwon, H. B., 2001:,. 'A Study on. the Unsteady Compressible Flow Field, Induced by a High Speed Train. Passing through a· Tunnel', Ph.D Thesis, Seoul. National Univ
- Hukuda,. M,.1999,. 'A Study on the.Pressure·Wave. Propagating into High Speed Railway Tunnel', Report of RTRI, N028. (in Japanese)
- Suzuki, M, 1996, 'Aerodynamical Studies of the Vibration of a Train in a Tunnel', Report of RTRl, No.8 (in Japanese)
- Raghunathan, R. S., Kim, H. D. and Setoguchi, T., 2002, 'Aerodynamics of High Speed railway Train', Progress in Aerospace Science, Vo1.38, pp.469-514 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0376-0421(02)00029-5
- Nam,. S. W., 2004; 'A Study on the, Characteristics of Internal and External Pressure Variation) for KTX', J. of KSR, VoL1.7, No.1', pp:26-31 (in: Korean);
- Kim, H. D., Setoguchi. T. 1997, 'Numerical study on the Interaction Between Unsteady Compression and Unsteady Expansion Wave', Trans. of KSME, Vol.21, No.1 1, pp.1413-1421 (in Korean)
- Kim, H. D., 1996, 'Aerodynamics of High Speed Railway(III)', J. of the KSME, Vol.36, No.5, pp.470-486 (in Korean)
- Schetz, J. A., 2001, 'Aerodynamics of High speed Trains' Annu. Rev. Fluid Mech., Vol33, pp:371-414 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fluid.33.1.371
- Maeda, T, 1998, 'A Study on Aerodynamical Characteristics and Counterplan:for Micro ,Rrcssure:waye' in .High .Speed:Train', Report of RTRl; No.2Q (in· Japanese).
- Hara, T., Kawaguti, M., Fukuchi,. G., and. Yamamoto, A., 1968, 'Aerodynamics of High Speed Train', IRCA-UIC High Speed Symposium, Vienna, pp.l-26