- Volume 28 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on FEM of the Bearing Girder in the Large Vessel Engine Structure
선박 엔진 베어링 거더의 유한요소해석에 관한 연구
- Published : 2004.12.01
The purpose of this study is to show pressure distribution of the bearing girder in large vessel engine and to consider finite elements analysis using the pressure distribution. Various kinds of the exciting forces act on a bearing girder. And at the same time, it is necessary to consider the contact between a crankshaft and a bearing girder because a bearing girder supports a crankshaft. However it is to need the computer resource with much time if we apply the contact element to a complex solid model and perform a repeated analysis. Thus we have accomplished a contact analysis in the simplistic finite element model of the bearing girder. After that we take a pressure distribution, and apply this to actual finite element model and accomplish finite element analysis. The result of stresses and strains has been produced using superposition method. The concept of superposition method is to find the resultant deflection of several loads acting on a member as the sum of contributions of individual loads. The results were compared with measured results and were verified to be accurate. Resulting analyzed strain favorably coincides with measured strain. The experiment result justifies this paper method.
Bearing Girder;Exciting Force;Finite Element Method;Vessel Engine;Superposition
- WNSD, 2000, 'Assessment of Girder Cracks RTA84T/T-B Engines.'
- Welsh, W. A. and Booker, J. F., 1983, 'Dynamic Analysis of Engine Bearing Systems,' SAE NO. 830065
- Sergey M. Zakharov and Elias A. Zharov, 1997, 'Modeling of the Engine Mechanical System Crankshaft, Its Bearing and Supports,' SAE NO. 970511
- Tianut, F. V., Melgar, A. and Gimenez, B., 2000, 'A Method to Determine the Two Components of the Crankshaft Load on Bearing Cap in Firing Engine,' SAE NO. 2000-01-1340
- Kim, S.C., Lee, D.C. and Kim, U.K., 1994, 'A Study on the Design of Resilient Mounting Systems for Marine Diesel Engines' Journal of the Korea society of marine engineers, Vol. 18, No.5, pp. 56-67
- Shin, Y.J. and Kim, K.W., 1988, 'An Experimental Study on the Pressure Temperature Distribution in a Plain Journal Bearing,' Journal of the KSLE, Vol.4, No. 1, pp. 69-73
- Kim, C. K. and Han, D.C., 1995, 'Finite Element Analysis to Analyzing the Oil Film Pressure Distribution due to Viscosity Conditions in Engine Bearings,' Journal of the KSTLE, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 12-19
- Cho, M.R., Oh, D.Y. and Ryu, S.H., 2000, 'Load characteristics of Engine Main Bearing: Comparison Between Theory and Experiment' KSME international journal, vo1.l6, No.8 pp. 1095-1101
- ANSYS Structural Analysis Guide, ANSYS Inc., Chapter 10