- Volume 17 Issue 3
Identification of human blood using Rapid FOB (Fecal Occult Blood) Test Kit
신속 FOB(분변 잠혈) 검사 키트를 이용한 혈흔 검출 및 인혈 검사
- Lim, Si Keun (Division of Biology, National Institute of Scientific Investigation) ;
- Park, Ki Won (Division of Biology, National Institute of Scientific Investigation) ;
- Choi, Sang Kyu (Division of Biology, National Institute of Scientific Investigation)
- Received : 2004.03.09
- Accepted : 2004.05.14
- Published : 2004.06.25
Commercial one-step rapid fecal occult blood (FOB) kit which was used as a screening test to detect traces of blood in stool samples was evaluated for the feasibility of the forensic identification of human blood. The sensitivity was determined and compared with the conventional Leucomalichite green (LMG) method. In addition, the specificity of the kit and the effects of various chemicals and environmental factors were examined. FOB kit was specific for human hemoglobin and more sensitive than LMG test (approximately 100 times). FOB kit showed positive band using at least 1,000,000-fold diluted human blood. The antigen was very stable regardless of storage temperature and boiling. The positive reaction was not affected by LMG and Luminol, the traditional tests for identification of bloodstain. As a results, FOB test kit could be effectively applied to identification of human blood at crime scene and crime laboratories.
Blood stain;FOB kit;LMG;Luminol;Sensitivity;Human-specificity
- M. N. Hochmeister, B. Budowle, R. Sparkes., O. Rudin, C. Gehrig, M. Thali, L. Schmidt, A. Cordier, and R. Dirnhofer. Journal of Forensic Sciences. 44, 3, 597-601(1999).
- S. Tomoko, S. Kazumasa, and O. Takeshi. Japanese Journal of Science and Technology for Identification. 7, 2, 159-165(2003).
- 일본과학경찰연구소. “혈청학적 물체 검사법”, 일본, 1974.
- R. Safersterin 'Criminalistics: An Introduction to Forensic Sciences', 7th ed., Upper Saddle River, NJ, Prentice Hall. 2001.
- 최상규. '과학수사 이론과 실제; 법의혈청학과 유전자 지문', 법문사, 대한민국, 1998