- Volume 17 Issue 3
The wintertime distribution of ionic components in Seoul and Busan: Comparative analysis between fine and coarse particles
겨울철 서울과 부산지역의 분진 중 이온분포의 특성 연구: 미세와 조대영역간의 비교
- Kim, Ki-Hyun (Dept. of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Sejong University) ;
- Kang, Chang-Hee (Research Institute for Basic Sciences, Cheju National University) ;
- Choi, Kum Chan (Dept. of Environmental Eng., Donga University) ;
- Kim, Young J. (Dept. of Environmental Eng., KJIST)
- Received : 2003.08.26
- Accepted : 2003.12.05
- Published : 2004.06.25
Using our PM2.5 and PM10 concentration data obtained from Seoul and Busan during winter 2002, we conducted comparative analysis on the role of inorganic ions in constituting airborne particles in two distinctive urban areas. Whereas the mass concentration of fine particle was more significant in Seoul, no such pattern was found in Busan. In addition, when the major components were compared between different particle fractions and between different sites, clear pattern was apparent between those. Although the major components of fine particles were generally compatible each other (
sea-salt;non-sea-salt sulfate (NSSS);sea-salt sulfate (SSS);ion;inorganic;particle
- A. J. Butler, M.S. Andrew, A.G. Russel, J. Geophys. Res., 108(D7), 8415(2003).
- K.-H. Kim, G.-H. Choi, C.-H. Kang, J.-H. Lee, J Kim, YH Youn, SR Lee, Atmos. Environ., 37(6), 753(2003).
- W.K. Modey, Y. Pang, N.L. Eatough, D.J. Eatough, Atmos. Environ., 35, 6493(2001).
- P. Formenti, W. Elbert, W. Maenhaut, J. Haywood, S. Osborne, M.O. Andreae, J. Geophys. Res., 108(D13), 8488(2003)
- S.-B. Lee, G-N Bae, K-C Moon, Y. P. Kim, Atmos. Environ., 36, 5427(2002).
- S.-M. Li, J.W. Winchester, Atmos. Environ., 23(11), 2387(1989).
- F. Raes, R.V. Dingenen, E. Vignati, J. Wilson, J-P Putaud, J.H. Seinfeld, P. Adams, Atmos. Environ., 34, 4215(2000).
- J.C. Choi, M. Lee, Y. Chun, J. Kim, S. Oh, J. Geophys. Res., 106(D16), 18067(2001).