- Volume 17 Issue 4
Accumulation Levels and Distribution Characteristics of Polychlorinated Biphenyls in Crucians and Leopard Frogs from the Nakdong River Basin
낙동강 유역에 서식하는 붕어와 황소개구리 체내의 Polychlorinated biphenyls의 축적도와 분포특성
- Received : 2004.05.13
- Accepted : 2004.06.11
- Published : 2004.08.25
We collected crucians (Carassius auratus) and leopard frogs(Rana pipiens) along the Nakdong River and the basin area at five locations from Koomi to Nakdong-estuary. The muscular tissue were separated and a GC-MSD system was used for quantification of PCBs. The 62 PCB congeners which represent total PCB levels were selected as analytes. We determined concentrations of PCBs and studied distribution characteristics by individual congeners and homologs. In the crucian, 24 congeners were detected and total PCB levels ranged from 0.74 to 5.41 ng/g wet weight. In the leopard frog, however, only 2 congeners were detected from Nakdong estuary only. The PCB level was 0.24 ng/g wet weight, around 22 times lower than the crucians. The PCB 153 showed the highest concentrations in the congeners and penta- and hexa-CBs showed the strong predominance which accounted for 78% of the total PCBs.
- A. Motelay-Massei, D. Ollivon, B. Garban, M. J. Teil, M. Blanchard and M. Chevreuil, Chemosphere, 55, 555-565(2004).
- K. Weber and H. Goerke, Chemosphere, 53, 667-678(2003).
- G. H. Jeong, Y. B. Kim, D. Y. Kim, M. O. Kim, J. Y. Lee, C. H. Joo and D. H. Moon, Organohalogen Compounds, 59, 25-28(2002).
- G. H. Jeong, Y. B. Kim and H. Y. So, Organohalogen Compounds, 46, 391-394(2000).
- P. Manirakiza, A. Covaci, L. Nizigiymana, G. Ntakimazi and P. Schepens. Enironmetal Pollution, 117, 447-455(2002).
- J. E. Haugen, F. Wania and Y. D. Lei, Environ. Sci. Technol., 33, 2340-2345(1999).
- G. H. Jeong, D. Y. Kim, M. O. Kim, J. Y. Lee and Y. B. Kim, Organohalogen Compounds, 51, 344-347(2001).
- L.W. Fontenot, G.P. Noblet, J.A. Akins, M.D. Stephens and G.P. Cobb. Chemosphere, 40, 803-809(2000).
- Y. H. Yang, Y. S. Chang, B. H. Kim, D. C. Shin and M. G. Ikonomou, Chemosphere, 47, 1087-1095(2002).
- I. Monirith, H. Nakata, S. Tanabe and T.S. Tana. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 38, 604-612(1999).
- L.R. Bordajandi, G. Gómez, M.A. Fernández, E. Abad, J. Rivera and M.J. González. Chemosphere, 53, 163-171(2003).
- N. Yamacuchi, D. Gazzard, G. Scholey and D.W. Macdonald. Chemosphere, 50, 265-273(2003).
- M. Frignani, L G. Bellucci, C. Carraro and S. Raccanelli, Chemosphere, 43, 567-575(2001).
- S. Jensen, A. G. Johnels, M. Olsson and G. Olterlin. Nature 224, 247-250(1969).
- Y. B. Kim, S. I. Lee, G. H. Jeong and S. W. Lee, Organohalogen Compounds, 62, 85-88(2003).
- G. H. Jeong, H. J. Kim, Y. J. Joo, Y. B. Kim and H. Y. So, Chemosphere, 44(6), 1403-1411(2001).
- M.A.Gonzalez Sagrario, K.S.B. Miglioranza, J.E.A. Moreno, V.J. Moreno and A.H. Escalante. Chemosphere, 48, 1113-112(2002).
Supported by : 국립환경연구원