- Volume 17 Issue 5
Structural studies of membrane proteins, importantly involving interpretation of genomics information, many signaling pathway and major drug target for drug discovery, are having difficulty in characterizing the function using conventional solution nmr spectroscopy and x-ray crystallography because phospholipid bilayers hindered fast tumbling and crystallization. Here, we studied the structure of the pf1 coat protein in oriented phospholipid bilayers by home-built solid-state NMR probe. Bacteriophage pf1 was purified from Paeudomonas Aeruginosa and coat protein of bacteriophage pf1 was isolated from DNA and other proteins.
Membrane protein;Solid-state NMR;Home-built solid-state NMR probe;Bacteriophage pf1 coat protein;protein purification
Supported by : 한국외국어대학교
- SJ Opella, Nature Structural Biology, 4: 845(1997).
- S.J. Opella, C. Ma, and FM Marassi., Methods in Enzymology, 339: 285(2001).
- SJ Opella, Y Kim, and P McDonnell, Methods in Enzymology 239: 536(1994).
- SJ Opella, FM Marassi, JJ Gesell, AP Valente, Y Kim, M Montal, Nature Structural Biology,6: 374(1999).
- K Shon, Y Kim, LA Colango, and SJ Opella, Science (Cover Story) 252: 1303(1991).
- SJ Opella, Y Kim, KG Valentine, FM Marassi, M Zasloff, M Montal, and WA Cramer, J. Kor. Magn. Res. Soc, 2: 120(1998).
- FM Marassi and SJ Opella, Current Opinion in Structural Biology, 8: 640(1998).
- PA McDonnell, K Shon, and Y Kim, and SJ Opella, J. Mol. Biol. 233: 447(1993).
- Y Kim Biochemistry News, 21: 253(2001).
- FM Marassi, JJ Gesell, AP Valente, Y Kim, M Montal, SJ Opella, J. Bio. NMR, 14: 141(1999).
- C.M. Fraser, J. Gocayne, O. White, M. Adams, R. Clayton, R. Fleischmann, C. Bult, A. Kerlavage, G. Sutton, J. Kelly et al, Science, 270: 397(1995).
- PA McDonnel, K Shon, Y Kim, and SJ Opella, J. Mol. Biol., 233: 447(1993).
- K Shon, P Schrader, Y Kim, B Bechinger, M Zasloff, and SJ Opella, Biotechnology: Bridging Research and Applications, 109(1991).