- Volume 8 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Observation of Fine Structures of Defective Herbal Acupuncture Needles
약침용 불량 Needle의 미세 형태 관찰
- Park, Won-Pil (Department of Acupuncture & Moxibution, College of Oriental Medicine, Sang-ji University) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Do (Department of Acupuncture & Moxibution, College of Oriental Medicine, Sang-ji University) ;
- Kwon, Ki-Rok (Department of Acupuncture & Moxibution, College of Oriental Medicine, Sang-ji University)
- Published : 2005.02.28
Objectives : This study was conducted to observe the tip of needles which induce poor needle sensation upon injection of herbal acupuncture. Methods : Among the syringes used for herbal acupuncture, needles which cause poor sensation were collected and evaluated by SEM (scanning electron microscope) for changes in structure, existence of impure matters, physical damage, and etc. Results : 1. Various forms contributed to poor needle sensation. Bent needle body, damaged or crooked needle tip, and blunted tip 2. Poor needles could be made during the manufacturing process, during insertion of the needle into the vial(except for the lubricants), and repeated procedures with one needle at different regions. Conclusion : Poor needles induce unnecessary pain and discomfort not only to the patients but also to administrators during injection. Herbal acupuncture is a treatment technique injecting herbal extract on the meridian points, and strict quality check must be enforced to prevent occurrence of poor needles.
- 대한약침학회. 약침요법 시술지침서, 한성인쇄, 13, 1999.
- 장인수, 박종배, 송범용, 이창현, 김현수. 주사전자현미경(SEM)을 이용한 일회용 침 끝의 미세형태에 대한 관찰(2), 대한침구학회지 20:5, 151-158, 2003.