- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Bee Venom Acupuncture(BVA) on acute Ankle Sprain : A Randomized Controlled Trial and double blinding - Pilot study
급성 족관절 염좌에 대한 봉약침 효과-무작위대조시험, 이중맹검
- Song, Ho-Seub (Department of Acupuncture & Moxibustion, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung-Won University)
- 송호섭 (경원대학교 한의과대학 침구과교실)
- Published : 2005.06.30
Objective : The aim of the study was to investigate the therapeutic effect of BVA in the treatment of patients with acute ankle sprain. Design : A prospective randomized double-blind study of BVA was conducted. Setting : The study was done in the Kyungwon University Seoul Hospital from August 1st, 2004 to June 15th, 2005. Patients : 30 patients diagnosed with acute ankle sprain, especially 2nd degree on the Ankle grade pain chart(AGPC) participated in the study, who were divided into two groups (A and B) randomly by a coordinator flipping a coin. Group A and B were relevant to control and BVA group respectively, of which a coordinator never informed any other participant involved. Eventually 13 of 17 in group A and 11 of 13 in Group B finished all the process of the clinical trial. Intervention : In both group A and B, The Procedure of acupuncture treatment was made similar by appearance that four acupoints such as 坵墟(GB40), 中封(LR4), 商丘(SP5), 解谿(ST41) of the injured side were selected and Normal saline aqua-acupuncture(control, as a placebo) or BVA was done and then acupuncture at 坵墟(GB40), 中封(LR4), 商丘(SP5), 解谿(ST41), 足三里(ST36), 陽陵泉(G34) of the affected side was given again. the needles were retained for 20 minutes under the infrared rays. The treatment was given daily for a week. Outcome Measures : Ankle-Hindfoot Scale (AHS) and Visual Analogue Scale(VAS) were followed by three treatments. Statistical Analysis : Analysis regarding variations in AHS and VAS is carried out by applying Mann-Whitney test and Wilcoxon signed rank test sign test with level of significance at 5%. Results : At the end of the treatment, there was significant statistical differences between the two groups in VAS and AHS as well, while at the 3rd day only a VAS showed statistical significance. In each group, both VAS and AHS showed statistical significance along with duration of treatment. Conclusions : BVA was thought to be effective alternatives for relieving symptoms of acute ankle sprain, although further study was needed on the large scale.
- 대한정형외과학회. 정형외과학 제5판. 최신의학사. 서울 :524-529, 533-534.
- 한 대용. 스포츠 손상의 생체역학. 대학스포츠학회지. 1898;7(1):205-208.
- James G. Managing Ankle Sprains. The Physician and Sports Medicine. 1997;3(3):56-68.
- 대한약침학회. 약침요법 시술지침서. 서울: 한성인쇄. 1999:187-194.
- 김지훈, 이재동. 슬관절염에 대한 봉독약침의 임상적 고찰. 대한침구학회지. 1999 ; 16(3):26.
- 왕오호, 안규범, 임진강, 장형석. 퇴행성 슬관절염의 봉독약침 치료효과에 대한 임상적 관찰. 대한침구학회지. 2001;18(3):35-47.
- 정혜윤, 고형균. 봉독약침액이 염증 및 통증 유전자 발현에 미치는 영향. 대한침구학회지. 2002;19(3):42-49.
- 이윤섭, 서정철, 이승우 외 1인. 國産蜂毒 및 精製 蜂毒藥鍼液이 류머티스 關節炎 滑液細胞에 미치는 影響. 대한침구학회지. 2002;19(4):28-38.
- 미국정형외과학회. 근골격계 진단 및 치료의 핵심. 서울: 한우리. 1999:390-394.
- 고형균, 권기록, 인창식. 봉독약침요법. 경희대학교출판국. 2003:140-152.
- 신영수, 안윤옥 편저. 의학연구방법론. 서울:서울대학교 출판부. 2001:195-200.
- 이상훈, 홍승재, 김수영, 양형인, 이재동, 최도영, 이두익, 이윤호. 무작위 대조 이중맹검 시험을 통한 봉독 약침의 류마티스 관절염 치료 효과 연구. 대한침구학회지. 2003;20(6):80-89.
- Le Bars D, Dickenson AH, Besson JM. Diffuse noxious inhibitory controls (DNIC). 2. Lack of effect on non-convergent neurones, supraspinal involvement and theoretical implications. Pain 1979;6:305-27. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-3959(79)90050-2
- 김지훈, 이종화, 이웅경, 이지연. 침의 과학적 접근과 임상. 서울:대한추나학회출판사. 2001;211-230.
- Korean medicine clinical practice guideline on acupuncture for acute ankle sprains in adults: Evidence-based approach vol.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2017.06.002
- Effect of Bee venom-Acupuncture Therapy on Patients with Sprain of the Wrist Joint vol.9, pp.2, 2006, https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2006.9.2.167
- Risk Associated with Bee Venom Therapy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis vol.10, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0126971
- Usage report of pharmacopuncture in musculoskeletal patients visiting Korean medicine hospitals and clinics in Korea vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-016-1288-5