- Volume 8 Issue 3
Stem cell therapy implies the birth of regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine signify treatment through regeneration of cells which was impossible by existing medicine. Stem cell is classified into embryonic stem cell and adult stem cell and they have distinctive benefits and limitations. Researches on stem cell are already under active progression and is expected to be commercially available in the near future. One may not relate the stem cell treatment with Oriental medicine, but can be interpreted as the fundamental treatment action of Oriental medicine is being investigated in more concrete manner. When it comes to difficult to cure diseases, there is no boundary between eastern and western medicine, and one must be ready to face and overcome changes lying ahead.
- 김석현. 배아줄기세포의 최신동향과 임상적용. Symposium Review. 2003:76.
- Thomson JA, Itskovitz-Eldor J, Shapiro SS, Waknitz MA, Swiergiel JJ. Embryonic stem cell lines derived from human blastrocysts. Science 1998;282:1145–1147. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.282.5391.1145
- Jones EA, Tosh D, Wilson DI, Lindsay S. Hepatic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells. Experimental Cell Research 2002;272:15–22. https://doi.org/10.1006/excr.2001.5396
- Magyar JP, Nemir M, Ehler E, Suter N, Perriard JC. Mass production of embryoid bodies in microbeads. Ann NY Acad Sci 2001;994:135–143. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2001.tb03828.x
- Boheler KR, Czyz J, Tweedie D, Yang HT, Anisimov SV, Wobus AM. Differentiation of pluripotent embryonic stem cells into cardiomyocytes. Circ Res 2002;91:189–201. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.RES.0000027865.61704.32
- Behfar A, Zingman LA, Hodgson DM, Rauzer JM, Kane CG. Stem cell differentiation requires aparacrine pathway in the heart. FASEB 2002;16:1558–1566. https://doi.org/10.1096/fj.02-0072com
- Kaufman DS, Hanson ET, Lewis RL, Auerbach R, Thomson JA. Hematopoietic colony-forming cells derived from human embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001;98:10716–10721. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.191362598.
- Okabe S, Forsberg KN, Spiro AC, Segal M, McKay RDG. Development of neural precursor cells and functional postmitotic neurons from embryonic stem cells in vitro. Mechanism Develop 1996;59:89–102. https://doi.org/10.1016/0925-4773(96)00572-2
- Trouson A. The renesis of embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 2002;20:237–238.
- Soria B, Roche E, Berna G, Quinto TL, Reig JA, Frantz Martin F. Insulin-secreating cells derives from embryonic stem cells normalize glycemia in streptozotosin-Induced diabetic mice. Diabetes 2000;49:1–6. https://doi.org/10.2337/diabetes.49.1.1
- Prelle K, Wobus AM, Krebes O, Bulm WF, Wolf E. Overexpression of insulin-like growth factor-II in mouse embryonic stem cells promotes myogenic differentiation. Biochemical Biophysical Res Communications 2000;277:631–638. https://doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.2000.3737
- Kramer J, Hegert C, Guan K, Wobus AM, Muller PK. Embryonic stem cell-derived chondrogenic differentiation in vitro: activation by BMP-2 and BMP-4. Mech Dev 2000;92:193–205. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-4773(99)00339-1
Guan K, Czyz J, Furst DO, Wobus AM. Expression and cellular distribution of av-integrins in
$\beta$1-integrin-deficient embryonic stem cells-derived cardiac cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol 2001;33:521–532.
- Reubinoff BE, Pera MF, Fong CY, Trouson A, Bongso A. Ambryonic stem cell lines from human blastrocysts; somatic differentiation in vitro. Nat Biotechnol 2000;18:399–404. https://doi.org/10.1038/74447
- 김현정, 강라미 외. 홍삼추출액의 인간성체신경줄기세포 증식과 세포사 관련 세포주기의 변화에 대한 효과. J. Ginseng Res. 2004;28(1):39–44. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2004.28.1.039
- 양유결 편, 黃帝內經靈樞譯解, 성보출판사. 1986;104-105.
- 공동철, 김봉한, 학민사. 1999;80-121.
- 藤原智 등, 경락의 대발견. 일월서각. 2001;60-198.
- BAGU Virgiliu. Nuclear medicine and Acupuncture Prominence of points and acupuncture meridian and their relation to corresponding organs. 15' Acupuncture Congress of Romania 2003:11–12.
- Kwang Sup Soh, Qi as Biophotonic Information Flux of DNA in the Bong Han System. J. of International Society of life Information Science(ISLIS). 2004;22(2):287–293.