- Volume 29 Issue 7
In cargo-working, it unavoidably happens that the quay crane slip along the rail and the container move from side to side. Especially, they involve a lot of risk in bad weather. The rail clamp is a mooring device to prevent that the quay crane slips along the rail due to bad weather or the wind blast while the quay crane do the cargo-working And it will play a greater role in port container terminal integration and automation To design the wedge type rail clamp, it is very important to determine the wedge angle. In this study, we expect that the design wind speed of the quay crane will change over 16m/s. Assuming that the design wind speed is 40m/s, we determined the proper wedge angle of the wedge type rail clamp for the 50ton class quay crane.
Cargo Handling System;Container Terminal;Design Wind Speed;Quay Crane;Rail Clamp;Wedge Angle
- Han G. J., Lee H., Shim J. J., Han D. S., Ahn C. W., and Jean Y. H. (2004) 'Study on the Wedge Angle of Wedge Type Rail Clamp for quay crane', J. of KSPE, Vol. 21, No.9, pp. 119-126
- Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd. (2000) 'Structural & Mechanical Calculation for 50Ton Container Crane for Busan Port'
- Jung H. S., Lee S. J. and Hong K. S. (2005) 'A Study on Future Container Cranes', J. of KINPR, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 291-298 https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2005.29.3.291
- Nam K. C. and Lee J. H. (2002) 'A Theoretical Review on Mega Ship and Mega Hub', J. of KINPR, Vol. 26, No.4, pp. 455-463 https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2002.26.4.455
- Son Y. S. and Kim Y. B. (2000) 'A Study on the Development of Residual Sway Motion Control System for the Container Crane', J. of KSOE, Vol. 14, No.4, pp. 35-42
- Lee S. W., Shim J. J., Han D. S., Park J. S., Han G. J., Lee K. S. and Kim T. H. (2005) 'The Effect of Wind Load on the Stability of a Container Crane', J. of KSPE, Vol. 22, No.2, pp. 148-155
- 1. Reference data on uplift forces for an alarm system to prevent an accident of a container crane due to windblast vol.225, pp.6, 2011, doi:10.5394/KINPR.2005.29.7.641