- Volume 29 Issue 11 Serial No. 242
DOI QR Code
Design Optimization for Minimizing Warpage in Injection Molding Parts with Numerical Noise
수치적 노이즈가 존재하는 사출 성형품 휨의 최적설계
- Published : 2005.11.01
In order to minimize warping deformation which is an essential factor in the failure of injection molding parts, this study proposes an optimization design method fer determining design variables of injection molding parts. First, using a commercial package program for injection molding analysis, namely, Computer Aided Plastics Application(CAPA), we investigate the effects of parameters of injection molding process. Next, an optimum design process is established by interfacing CAPA to PQRSM embedded in EMD10S, a design framework developed by the conte. of innovative Design Optimization Technology(iDOT). PQRSM is a very efficient sequential approximate optimization algorithm. Optimum design results demonstrate the effectiveness of the design method suggested in this study by showing that the results of the optimum design is better than those of the initial design. It is believed that the proposed methodology can be applied to other injection molding design applications.
- Wu, J. L., Chen, S. J. and Malloy, R., 1991, 'Development of an Online Cavity PressureBased Expert System for Modeling Process,' ANTEC
- Liu, C. and Manzione, L. T., 1996, 'Process Studies in Precision Injection Molding. I:Process Parameters and precision,' Polymer Eng. & Sci., Vol 36 No. 1, pp. 1 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10378
- Liu, C. and Manzione, L. T., 1996, 'Process Studies in Precision Injection Molding. II:Morphology and precision in Liquid Crystal Polymers,' Polymer Eng. & Sci., Vol 36 No. 1,pp. 10 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10379
- Leo, V. and Cuvelliez, CH., 1996, 'The effect of the Packing Parameters, Gate Geometry, and Mold Elasticity on the Final Dimensions of a Molded Part,' Polymer Eng. & Sci., Vol. 36 No. 1, pp. 1961-1971 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10592
- Woll, Suzanne L. B., Cooper, Douglas J. and Souder, Blair V., 1996, 'Online Pattern-Based Part Quality monitoring of the Injection Molding Process,' Polymer Eng. & Sci., Vol. 36 No. 11, pp. 1477-1488 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10542
- Woll, Suzanne L. B., Cooper, Douglas J. and Souder, Blair V., 1997, 'Pattern-Based Closed-Loop Quality Control for the Injection Molding process,' Polymer Eng. & Sci., Vol. 37 No. 5, pp. 801-812 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.11723
- Park, K., Ahn, J. H. and Choi, S. R., 2002, 'Application of Design of Experiments and Numerical Analysis to Optimal design for Injection Molding Processes of Electrical parts,' The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(A), Vol. 26 No. 7, pp. 1348-1356 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.7.1348
- Kim, J. H., Lee, J. S., Lee, H. J. and Koo, B. H., 2003, 'Application of Micro Genetic Algorithms to Engineering Design Optimization,' The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(A), Vol. 27 No. 1, pp. 158-166 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.1.158
- Choi, W. J., Sin, H. C. and Kwak, S. W., 2000, 'Optimization of Processing Conditions in injection Molding Using Genetic Algorithm,' The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(A), Vol. 24 No. 10, pp. 2543-2551
- Kim, J. H., Lee, J. S. and Cha, S. W., 2003, 'The Optimization of Injection Molding System Using Axiomatic Approach,' The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(A), Vol. 27 No. 6, pp. 1020-1027 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.6.1020
- Computer Aided Plastics Application - CAPA tutorial, VMTech
- Computer Aided Plastics Application - CAPA User's manual, VMTech
- Hong, K. J., Choi, D. H. and Kim, M. S., 2000, 'Progressive Quadratic Approximation Method for effective Constructing the Second-Order Response Surface Models in the Large Scaled System Design,' The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(A), Vol. 24 No. 12, pp. 3040-3052
- Hong, K. J., 2001, 'Trust Region Managed Sequential Approximate Optimization with Response Surface Modeling,' Ph.D. thesis, Hanyang university
- Vanderplaats, G. N., 1995, DOT-Design Optimization Tool User Manual, Vanderplaats Research & Development, Inc.
- Arora, J. S., 1989, Introduction to Optimum Design, McGraw Hill Book Co.
- Design optimization for optical patterns in a light-guide panel to improve illuminance and uniformity of the liquid-crystal display vol.48, pp.2, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1117/1.3083290
- Two-Stage Design Optimization of an Automotive Fog Blank Cover for Enhancing Its Injection Molding Quality vol.34, pp.8, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.8.1097