- Volume 5B Issue 4
The single phase induction motor has been commonly applied to small-sized electrical appliances because of its low cost, but it has low efficiency and large torque ripple, and it is incapable of speed control. However, two-phase induction motors have small torque ripple, high efficiency and variable speed control, because they are inverter fed. In this paper, the dynamic characteristics of the two-phase induction motor, such as the torque ripple, current and speed, are analyzed by using the time-stepping finite element method, and compared with the cage-type single phase induction motor.
- Dohyun Jang, Gueesoo Cha, Doekgen Kim, Iongsoo Won, 'Phase-Difference Control of 2-Phase Inverter-Fed Induction Motor,' Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC '89, Vol. 2, 571-578, Jun 1989 https://doi.org/10.1109/PESC.1989.48536
- I.R. Wmith, Gerald Creighton, L.M. Mhango, 'Analysis and Performance of a Novel Two-Phase Drive for Fan and Water-Pumping Applications,' IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 36, No.4, 530-538, November 1989 https://doi.org/10.1109/41.43003
- D.H. Jang, J.S. Won, 'Voltage, Frequency, and Phase-Difference Angle Control of PWM Inverter-Fed Two-Phase Induction Motors,' IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 9, No.4, 377-383, July 1994 https://doi.org/10.1109/63.318895
- C. M. Young, C. C. Liu, C. H. Liu, 'New Inverter-drive design and control method for two-phase induction motor drives,' lEE Proc. Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 143, No.6. November 1996
- S.S. Wekhande, B.N. Chaudhari, S.V. Dhopte and R.K. Sharma, 'A Low Cost Inverter Drive For 2-phase Induction Motor,' IEEE 1999 International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive System, PEDS'99, 428-431, July 1999
- Enrique Ledezma, Brendan McGrath, Alfredo Munoz, Thomas A. Lipo, 'Dual AC-Drive System With a Reduced Switch Count,' IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 37, No.5, 1325-1333, September/October 2001 https://doi.org/10.1109/28.952508