- Volume 14 Issue 5
Ten yeast strains affecting doenjang flavor were isolated from soybean fermented foods (traditional meju and doenjang), among which Zygosaccharomyces sp. Y-2-5, showing excellent growth, glucose consumption, pH, and flavor production, was selected. Higher alcohols produced by Zygosaccharomyces sp. Y-2-5 related to flavor were 2-propanol, 1-propanol, 2-methyl-1-propanol, 1-butanol, and 3.3-dimethyl-2-butanol. Optimal culture conditions for Zygosaccharomyces sp. Y-2-5 were 10% (w/v) NaCl, pH 4.0, 3.0% (w/v) glucose concentration, and inoculation time day 0 or 15 doenjang fermentation.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.34 Comparison of characteristics of koji manufactured with Bacillus subtilis B-4 and Aspergillus oryzae F-5 Kwon, D.J.
- Korean J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.25 Cytotoxicity testing of fermented soybean products with various tumor cells using MTT assay Chung, K.S.;Yoon, K.D.;Kwon, D.J.;Hong, S.S.;Choi, S.Y.
- Korean J. Appl. Microbiol. Technol. v.24 Inhibitory effect of soybean and fermented soybean products in the chemically induced mutagenesis Yoon, K.D.;Kwon, D.J.;Hong, S.S.;Kim, S.I.;Chung, K.S.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.22 Antioxidative activity of browning products fractionated from fermented soybean sauce Cheigh, H.S.;Lee, J.S.;Moon, G.S.;Park, K.Y.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.19 Antimutagenic effect of Doenjang (Korean fermented soy paste) toward aflatoxin Park, K.Y.;Moon, S.H.;Baik, H.S.;Cheigh, H.S.
- Foods Biotechnol. v.5 Antimutagenic effect of solvent extracts of Korean fermented soybean products Hong, S.S.;Chung, K.S.;Yoon, K.D.;Cho, Y.J.
- Jpn. J. Brewing Soc. v.89 Physiological of miso Atsuko, I.;Yuji, T.;Yukio, K.
- Jpn. J. Brewing Soc. v.87 Antioxidative activity of Miso Naohoko, Y.
- Food Sci. Biotechnol. v.12 Characteristic flavor compounds of commercial soybean paste Park, H.K.;Gil, B.;Kim, J.K.
- Korean J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. v.12 Flavor components produced by microorganism during fermentation of korean ordinary soybean paste Song, J.Y.;Ahn, C.W.;Kim, J.K.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.12 Studies on the brewing of Kochujang(red pepper paste) with the addition of mixed cultures of yeast strains Lee, T.S.;Yang, K.J.;Park, Y.J.;Yu, J.H.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.55 Amino acids-uptake deficient mutants of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii with altered production of higher alcohols Aoki, T.;Uchida, K. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.55.2893
- J. Jpn. Soc. Food Sci. Technol. v.37 Isolation of mutants of miso yeast, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii with high productivity of C3 to C5 alcohols Nakamura, M. https://doi.org/10.3136/nskkk1962.37.12_981
- J. Biol. Chem. v.195 Notes on sugar determination Somogyi, M.
- Difco Manual Difco laboratories
- SAS user's Guide SAS Institute, Inc.