- Volume 18 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Association of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in Exon 6 Region of BMPRIB Gene with Litter Size Traits in Sheep
- Jia, Cunling (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Li, Ning (National Laboratories for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Zhao, Xingbo (National Laboratories for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Zhu, Xiaoping (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University) ;
- Jia, Zhihai (College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University)
- Received : 2004.12.08
- Accepted : 2005.05.01
- Published : 2005.10.01
The objective of this study was to investigate polymorphisms of BMPRIB (bone morphogenetic protein type IB receptor) gene and its effect on litter size traits in sheep. Three populations including 101 Small Tailed Han sheep, 79 Poll Dorset and 81 hybrids (Poll Dorset
Supported by : Hi-Tech research
- Montgomery, G. W., A. M. Crawford, J. M. Penty, K. G. Dodds, A. J. Ede, H. M. Henry, C. A. Pierson, E. A. Lord, S. M. Galloway, A. E. Schmack, J. A. Sise, P. A. Swarbrick, V. Hanrahan, F. C. Buchanan and D. F. Hill. 1993. The ovine Booroola fecundity gene (FecB) is linked to markers from a region of human chromosome 4q. Nat. Genet. 4(4):410-414.
- Souza, C. J., C. MacDougall, B. K. Campbell, A. S. McNeilly and D. T. Baird. 2001. The Booroola (FecB) phenotype is associated with a mutation in the bone morphogenetic receptor type 1 B (BMPR1B) gene. J. Endocrinol. 169(2): R1-6.
- Yi, S. E., P. S. LaPolt, B. S. Yoon, J. Y. Chen, J. K. Lu and K. M. Lyons. 2001. The type I BMP receptor BmprIB is essential for female reproductive function. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 98(14):7994-7999.
- Chu, M. X., C. L. Ji and G. H. Chen. 2003b. Association between PCR-RFLP of melatonin receptor 1a gene and high prolificacy in Small Tail Han sheep. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(12):1701-1704.
- Chu, M. X., J. Z. Wang, A. G. Wang, N. Li and J. L. Fu. 2003a. Association analysis between five microsatellite loci and litter size in Small Tail Han sheep. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(11):1555-1559.
- Guo, W., M. X. Chu, X. M. Deng, J. D. Feng, N. Li and C. X. Wu. 2004. Association of a single codon deletion in bone morphogenetic protein 15 gene with prolificacy in Small Tail Han sheep. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(11):1491-1495.
- Hoque, M. A., M. R. Amin and D. H. Baik. 2002. Genetic and non-genetic causes of variation in gestation length litter size and litter weight in goats. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15(6):772-776.
- Derynck, R. and Y. E. Zhang. 2003. Smad-dependent and Smadindependent pathways in TGF-beta family signalling. Nature. 425(6958):577-584.
- Zhu, M. J., M. Yu, B. Liu, Z. Z. Zhu, T. A. Xiong, B. Fan, S. P. Xu, Y. Q. Du, Z. Z. Peng and K. Li. 2004. Genetic status of ESR locus and other unidentified genes associated with litter size in Chinese indigenous Tongcheng pig breed after a long time selection. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(5):598-602.
- Montgomery, G. W., K. P. McNatty and G. H. Davis. 1992. Physiology and molecular genetics of mutations that increase ovulation rate in sheep. Endocr. Rev. 13(2):309-328.
- Davis, G. H., G. W. Montgomery, A. G. Allison, R. W. Kelly and A. R. Bray. 1982. Segregation of a major gene influence fecundity in progeny of Booroola sheep. NZ. J. Agric. Res. 25:525
- Mulsant, P., F. Lecerf, S. Fabre, L. Schibler, P. Monget, I. Lanneluc, C. Pisselet, J. Riquet, D. Monniaux, I. Callebaut, E. Cribiu, J. Thimonier, J. Teyssier, L. Bodin, Y. Cognie, N. Chitour and J. M. Elsen. 2001. Mutation in bonemorphogenetic protein receptor-IB is associated with increased ovulation rate in Booroola Merino ewes. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 98(9):5104-5109.
- Montgomery, G. W., S. M. Galloway, G. H. Davis and K. P. McNatty. 2001. Genes controlling ovulation rate in sheep. Reproduction. 121(6):843-852.
- Wilson, T., X. Y. Wu, J. L. Juengel, I. K. Ross, J. M. Lumsden, E. A. Lord, K. G. Dodds, G. A. Walling, J. C. McEwan, A. R. O'Connell, K. P. McNatty and G. W. Montgomery. 2001. Highly prolific Booroola sheep have a mutation in the intracellular kinase domain of bone morphogenetic protein IB receptor (ALK-6) that is expressed in both oocytes and granulosa cells. Biol. Reprod. 64(4):1225-1235.
- Montgomery, G. W., E. A. Lord, J. M. Penty, K. G. Dodds, T. E. Broad, L. Cambridge, S. L. Sunden, R. T. Stone and A. M. Crawford. 1994. The Booroola fecundity (FecB) gene maps to sheep chromosome 6. Genomics. 22(1):148-153.
- Polymorphisms of BMPR-IB gene and their relationship with litter size in goats vol.37, pp.8, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-010-0062-x
- Polymorphism of Fecundity Genes (FecB, FecX, and FecG) in the Indian Bonpala Sheep vol.22, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1080/10495398.2011.589239
- Polymorphisms of coding region of BMPR-IB gene and their relationship with litter size in sheep vol.38, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-010-0526-z
- Progress on major genes for high fecundity in ewes vol.1, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.15302/J-FASE-2014042
- Mutations in BMPR-IB and BMP-15 genes are associated with litter size in Small Tailed Han sheep (Ovis aries)1 vol.85, pp.3, 2007, https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2006-324