- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Post Prandial Plasma Free Arginine Concentrations Increase in Rainbow Trout Fed Arginine-deficient Diets
- Park, Gunjun (Department of Aquaculture, Pukyong National University) ;
- Bai, Sungchul C. (Department of Aquaculture, Pukyong National University) ;
- Ok, Im-ho (Department of Aquaculture, Pukyong National University) ;
- Han, Kyungmin (Department of Aquaculture, Pukyong National University) ;
- Hung, Silas S.O. (Department of Animal Science, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, University of California) ;
- Rogers, Quinton R. (Department of Molecular Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California) ;
- Min, Taesun (Korea Science and Engineering Foundation)
- Received : 2004.05.05
- Accepted : 2004.11.26
- Published : 2005.03.01
Three experiments were conducted to determine the effects of dietary arginine concentrations on plasma free amino acid (PAA) concentrations in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum). The first experiment was conducted to determine appropriate post-prandial and food deprivation sampling times in dorsal aorta cannulated rainbow trout averaging 519
Arginine;Rainbow Trout;Dorsal Aorta Cannulation;Plasma Free Amino Acids
Supported by : Pukyong National University
- Kim, K. I. 1997. Re-evaluation of protein and amino acid requirements of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Aquaculture 151:3-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(96)01483-4
- Longenecker, J. B. and N. L. Hause. 1961. Relationship between plasma amino acids and composition of ingested protein: II. A shortened procedure to determine plasma amino acid ratios. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 4:356.
- Lu, J. J., C. W. Huang and R. G. R. Chou. 2003. The effects of DLmethionine and DL-methionine hydroxy analogue on growth performance, contents of serum amino acids and activities of digestive proteases in broilers. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:714-718.
- Young, V. R., M. A. Hussein, E. Murray and N. S. Scrimshaw. 1971. Plasma tryptophan response curve and its relation to tryptophan requirements in young adult men. J. Nutr. 101:45-60.
- Walton, M. J., C. B. Cowey, R. M. Coloso and J. W. Adron. 1986. Dietary requirements of rainbow trout for tryptophan, lysine and arginine determined by growth and biochemical measurements. Fish Physiol. Biochem. 2:161-169.
- Puchal, F., V. W. Hays, V. C. Speer, J. D. Tones and D. V. Catron. 1962. The free blood plasma amino acids in swine as related to the source of dietary proteins. J. Nutr. 76:11.
- Thebault, H. 1985. Plasma essential amino acid changes in Sea-Bass (Dicentrarchus Labrax) after feeding diets deficient and supplemented in L-Met. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 82A:233-237.
- Young, V. R. and N. S. Scrimshaw. 1970. The nutritional significance of plasma and urinary amino acids. In: The International Encyclopedia of Food and Nutrition (Ed. E. J. Bigwood). Vol. 11, chapter 16. Pergamon Press, Oxford, England.
- Murai, T., T. Ogata, Y. Hirasawa, T. Akiyama and T. Nose. 1987. Portal absorption and hepatic of amino acids in rainbow trout force-fed diets containing casein or crystalline amino acids. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi. 53:1847-1859 https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.53.1847
- Snyderman, S. E., A. Boyer, P. M. Norton, E. Roiman and L. E. Holt. 1964. The essential amino acid requirements of infants. IX. Isoleucine. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 15:313.
- McLaughlan, J. M. and A. B. Morrison. 1968. Dietary factors affecting plasma amino acid concentrations. In: Protein Nutrition and Free Amino Acid Patterns (Ed. J. H. Leathem). Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, N. J. pp. 3-18.
- Robbins, K. R., H. W. Norton and D. H. Baker. 1979. Estimation of nutrient requirements from growth data. J. Nutr. 109:1710-1714.
- Bai, S. C., I. H. Ok, G. J. Park, K. W. Kim and S. M. Choi. 2003. Development of modeling system for assessing essential amino acid requirements using surgically modified rainbow trout. J. Aquaculture 16(1):1-7.
- Kaushik, S. 1979. Application of a biochemical method for the estimation of amino acid needs in fish: quantitative arginine requirements of rainbow trout in different salinities. In: Finfish Nutrition and Fishfeed Technology (Ed. J. E. Halver and K. Tiews). Heinemann, Berlin, Germany. pp. 197-207.
- Schuhmacher, A., C. Wax and J. M. Gropp. 1997. Plasma amino acids in rainbow trout fed intact protein or a crystalline amino acid diet. Aquaculture 151:15-28.
- Houston, A. H. 1990. Blood and circulation. In: Methods for Fish Biology (Ed. C. B. Schreck and P. B. Moyle). American Fisheries Society, New York, USA. pp. 273-343.
- Swendseid, M. E., J. Villalobos and B. Fredrich. 1963. Ratios of essential to non-essential amino acids in plasma from rats fed different kinds and amounts of proteins and amino acids. J. Nutr. 80:99.
- Munro, H. N. 1970. Free amino acid pools and their role in regulation. In: Mammalian Protein Metabolism (Ed. H. N. Munro). Vol. 4, chapter 34. Academic Press, New York, USA.
- Ok, I. H., S. C. Bai, G. J. Park, S. M. Choi and K. W. Kim. 2001. 'The patterns of plasma free amino acids after force-feeding in rainbow trout, Onchorhnchus mykiss (Walbaum) with and without dorsal aorta cannulation'. Aquaculture Res. 32:70-75.
- Richardson, L. R., L. G. Blaylock and C. M. Lyman. 1953. Influence of the level of vitamins in the diet on the concentrations of free amino acids in the plasma of chicks. J. Nutr. 49:21.
- Kim, K. I., T. B. Kayes and C. H. Amundson. 1992. Requirements for lysine and arginine by rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Aquaculture 106:333-344.
- McLaughlan, J. M. and W. I. Illman. 1967. Use of free plasma amino acid levels for estimating amino acid requirements of the growing rat. J. Nutr. 93:21.
- Young, V. R. and J. Zamora. 1968. Effects of altering the proportions of essential to non-essential amino acid levels in the rat. J. Nutr. 96:21.
- Longenecker, J. B. and N. L. Hause. 1959. Relationship between plasma amino acids and composition of the ingested protein. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 84:46-50.
Vermeirssen, E. L. M., A. P. Scott and N. R. Liley. 1997. Female rainbow trout urine contains a pheromone which causes a rapid rise in plasma 17, 20
$\beta$-dihydroxy-4-pregnen-3-one levels and milt amounts in males. J. Fish Biol. 50:107-119.
- Hill, D. C. and E. M. Olsen. 1963. Effect of starvation and nonprotein diet on blood plasma amino acids and observations on the detection of amino acids limiting growth of chicks fed purified diets. J. Nutr. 79:303.
- Ogino, C. 1980. Requirement of carp and rainbow trout for essential amino acids. Bulletin of Japanese Society of Scientific Fisheries. 46:171-174.
- Zimmerman, R. A. and H. M. Scott. 1967. Effect of fasting and of feeding a non-protein diet on plasma amino acid levels in the chick. J. Nutr. 91:507.
- I.-H. Ok, S. C. Bai, G.-J. Park, S.-M. Choi and K.-W. Kim. 2001. The pattern of plasma free amino acids after force-feeding in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum) with and without dorsal aorta cannulation. Aquaculture Research 32 (Suppl. 1):70-75.
- Robinson, E. H., R. P. Wilson and W. E. Poe. 1981. Arginine requirement and apparent absence of a lysine-arginine antagonist in fingerling channel catfish. J. Nutr. 111:46-52.
- Zicker, S. C. and Q. R. Rogers. 1990. Use of plasma amino acid concentrations in the diagnosis of nutritional and metabolic diseases in veterinary medicine. In: Proceeding of IVth Congress of the International Society for Animal Clinical Biochemistry (Ed. J. J. Kaneko). Davis, California, USA. pp. 107-121.