- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Studies of the Microbial and Physical Properties of Oriental Style Dairy Product Kou Woan Lao with Probiotics
- Su, Lieh-Chi (Department of Animal Science, National Taiwan University) ;
- Lin, Chin-Wen (Department of Animal Science, National Taiwan University) ;
- Chen, Ming-Ju (Department of Animal Science, National Taiwan University)
- 투고 : 2004.05.05
- 심사 : 2004.08.25
- 발행 : 2005.03.01
The objective of this research was to combine the physiological functionality of probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum) and the milk-clotting activity of culture filtrate from lao-chao to develop a new dairy product which was different from the commercial yogurt. Rhizopus javanicus and Saccharomyces cerevisiae were chosen as a mold and yeast starter for production of culture filtrate. The study results indicated that both probiotic counts increased with incubation time and maintained
Kou Woan Lao;Lao-chao;Probiotics;Rhizopus javanicus;Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- SAS/STAT. 1999. SAS/STAT User’s guide. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Shah, N. P. 2000. Probiotic bacteria: selective enumeration and survival in dairy foods. J. Dairy Sci. 83:894-907. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(00)74953-8
- Chen, H. L., H. P. Su and C. W. Lin. 1998. Characterization of yeast cultures for a flavoring agent in a yogurt-type product. J. Food Sci. 63(5):897-900.
- Shah, N. P., E. V. Lankaputhra, M. L. Britz and W. S. A. Kyle. 1995. Survival of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum in commercial yoghurt during refrigerated storage. Int. Dairy J. 5:515-521.
- Chen, M. J., K. N. Chen and C. W. Lin. 2004. Optimization of the viability of probiotics in a fermented milk drink by the response surface method. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(5):705-711.
- Dave, R. I. and N. P. Shah. 1998. Ingredient supplementation effects on viability of probiotic bacteria in yogurt. J. Dairy Sci. 81(11):2804-2816.
- Fuller, R. 1989. Probiotics in man and animals. J. Appl. Bacteriol. 66:365-378.
- Ham, J. S., H. S. Kim, K. H. Hong, J. G. Kim, S. G. Jeong, H. S. Chae, J. N. Ahn, D. K. Kang and H. U. Kim. 2003. Inhibitory activity of lactic acid bacteria against hazardous microbes. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(10):1550-1554.
- Lin, C. W. and H. L. Chen. 1996. Screening and characterization of fungal cultures for a milk-clotting enzyme for use in an oriented style dairy product. J. Dairy Res. 63:459-466.
- Gomes, A. M. P. and F. X. Malcata. 1999. Bifidobacterium spp. and Lactobacillus acidophilus: biological, biochemical, technological and therapeutic properties relevant for use as probiotics. Trends Food Sci. Technol. 10:139-157 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-2244(99)00033-3
- Hirayama, K. and J. Raffter. 2000. The role of probiotic bacteria in cancer prevention. Microbes and Infection 2:681-686.
- Mital, B. K. and S. K. Garg. 1992. Acidophilus milk products : manufacture and therapeutics. Food Reviews International 8:347-389.
- Oliveira, M. N., I. Sodini, F. Remeuf and G. Corrieu. 2001. Effect of milk supplementation and culture composition on acidification, textural properties and microbiological stability of fermented milks containing probiotic bacteria. Int. Dairy J. 11:935-942.
- Gilliland, S. E., S. S. Reilly, G. B. Kim and H. S. Kim. 2002. Viability during storage of selected probiotic Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria in a yogurt-like product. J. Food Sci. 67 (8):3091-3095.
- Wei, D. L. and S. C. Jong. 1983. Chinese rice pudding fermentation: fungal flora of starter culture and biochemical change during fermentation. J. Ferment. Technol. 61:573-579.
- Shin, H. S., J. H. Lee, J. J. Pestka and Z. Ustunol. 2000. Growth and viability of commercial Bifidobacterium spp. in skim milk containing oligasaccharides and inolin. J. Food Sci. 65(5): 884-887.
- Kuo, C. Y., F. S. Wang and C. W. Lin. 1996. Factors affecting milk clotting activity of sweet leavening extract involved in coagulation of a yoghurt-like product. Food Chem. 55:129-131.
- Montgomery, D. C. 1991. Experimented with a single factor : the analysis of varience. In Design and Analysis of Experiments, (Ed. D. C. Montgomery), p. 75-77. John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Bruno, F. A., W. E. V. Lankaputhra and N. P. Shah. 2002. Growth, viability and activity of Bifidobacterium spp. in skim milk containing prebiotics. J. Food Sci. 67(7):2740-2744 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2002.tb08807.x
- Vinderola, C. G., N. Bailo and J. A. Reinheimer. 2000. Survival of probiotic microflora in Argentinean yoghurts during refrigerated storage. Food Res. Int. 33:97-102.
- Development of an Oriental-style dairy product coagulated by microcapsules containing probiotics and filtrates from fermented rice vol.60, pp.1, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0307.2007.00292.x