- Volume 18 Issue 10
Statistical analysis was conducted on sow stillbirth traits of three genotypes with 2,400 litters including the Erhualian, Large White and the
Sow;Stillbirth;Environmental Effect;Genetic Parameter
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Bidanel, J. P. 1993. Estimation of crossbreeding parameters between Large White and Meishan porcine breeds. III. Dominance and epistatic components of heterosis on reproductive traits. Genet. Sel. Evol. 25:263-281. https://doi.org/10.1186/1297-9686-25-3-263
- English, P. R. and V. Morrison. 1984. Causes and prevention of piglet mortality. Pig News Info. 5:369-376.
- Lucia, T. Jr., M. N. Correa, J. C. Deschamps, I. Bianchi, M. A. Donin, A. C. Machado, W. Meincke and J. E. Matheus. 2002. Risk factors for stillbirths in two swine farms in the south of Brazil. Prev. Vet. Med. 53:285-292.
- Moeller, S. J., R. N. Goodwin, R. K. Johnson, J. W. Mabry, T. J. Baas and O. W. Robison. 2004. The National Pork Producers Council Maternal Line National Genetic Evaluation Program: A comparison of six maternal genetic lines for female productivity measures over four parities. J. Anim. Sci. 82:41-53.
- Pejsak, Z. 1984. Some pharmacological methods to reduce intrapartum death of piglets. Pig News Info. 5:35-37.
- Vazquez, C., C. Menaya, J. Benito, J. L. Ferrera and J. M. Garcia-Casco. 1994. The influence of parity and season on the prolificacy and maternal ability of Iberian sows. Pig News Info. 15:121N-124N.
- Yen, H. F., G. A. Isler, W. R. Harvey and K. M. Irvin. 1987. Factors affecting reproductive performance in swine. J. Anim. Sci. 64:1340-1348.
- Grandinson, K., M. S. Lund, L. Rydhmer and E. Strandberg. 2002. Genetic parameters for the piglet mortality traits crushing, stillbirth and total mortality, and their relation to birth weight. Acta Agric. Scand. Sect. A, Animal Sci. 52:167-173.
- Ishida, T., T. Kuroki, H. Harada and R. Fukuhara. 2001. Estimation of additive and dominance genetic variances in line breeding swine. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:1-6.
- McLaren, D. G., B. R. White, M. B. Wheeler, W. L. Hurley, P. A. Clamp, H. W. Gonyou, F. K. McKeith, J. Novakofski, R. I. Mackie, L. B. Schook, P. J. Dziuk and D. Gianola. 1990. Evaluation of Chinese swine breeds: Early results at the University of Illinois and research plans. In: Chinese Pig Symposium. (Ed. M. Molenat and C. Legault). INRA, Toulouse, France. p. 116.
- Haley, C. S., C. J. Ashworth, G. J. Lee, I. Wilmut, R. P. Aitken and W. Ritchie. 1990. British studies of the genetics of prolificacy in the Meishan pig. In: Chinese Pig Symposium. (Ed. M. Molenat and C. Legault). INRA, Toulouse, France. pp. 86-97.
- Leenhouwers, J. I., T. van der Lende and E. F. Knol. 1999. Analysis of stillbirth in different lines of pig. Livest. Prod. Sci. 57:243-253.
- Petry, D. B. and R. K. Johnson. 2004. Responses to 19 generations of litter size selection in the Nebraska Index line. I. Reproductive responses estimated in pure line and crossbred litters. J. Anim. Sci. 82:1000-1006.
- SAS Institute Inc. 2000. SAS/STAT User’s Guide: Version 8th edn. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, North Carolina. USA.
- Ruiz-Flores, A. and R. K. Johnson. 2001. Direct and correlated responses to two-stage selection for ovulation rate and number of fully formed pigs at birth in swine. J. Anim. Sci. 79:2286-2297.
- Harvey, W. R. 1990. Mixed Model Least-Squares and Maximum Likelihood Computer Program PC-2 Version. Mimeograph. Ohio State University, Ohio, USA.
- Spicer, E. M., S. J. Driesen, V. A. Fahy, B. J. Horton, L. D. Sims, R. T. Jones, R. S. Cutler and R. W. Prime. 1986. Causes of preweaning mortality on a large intensive piggery. Aust. Vet. J. 63:71-75.
- Bidanel, J. P., J. C. Caritez and C. Legault. 1989. Estimation of crossbreeding parameters between Large White and Meishan porcine breeds. I. Reproductive performance. Genet. Sel. Evol. 21:507-526.