- Volume 18 Issue 4
To understand the molecular mechanisms that regulate intramuscular fat deposition and its release, cDNA clones expressed in adipose tissues of Korean cattle were identified by differential screening from adipose tissue cDNA library. By partial nucleotide sequencing of 486 clones and a search for sequence similarity in NCBI nucleotide databases, 245 clones revealed unique clones. By a functional grouping of the clones, 14% of the clones were categorized to metabolism and enzyme-related group (stearoyl CoA desaturase, lactate dehydrogenase, fatty acid synthase, ATP citrate lyase, lipoprotein lipase, acetyl CoA synthetase, etc), and 6% to signal transduction/cell cycle-related group (C/EBP, cAMP-regulated phosphoprotein, calmodulin, cyclin G1, cyclin H, etc), and 4% to cytoskeleton and extracellular matrix components (vimentin, ankyrin 2, gelosin, syntenin, talin, prefoldin 5). The obtained 245 clones will be useful to study lipid metabolism and signal transduction pathway in adipose tissues and to study obesity in human. Some clones were subjected to full-sequencing containing open reading frame. The cDNA clone of bovine homolog of human prefoldin 5 gene had a total length of 959 nucleotides coding for 139 amino acids. Comparison of the deduced amino acid sequences of bovine prefoldin 5 with those of human and mouse showed over 95% identity. The cDNA clone of bovine homolog of human ubiquitin-like/S30 ribosomal fusion protein gene had a total length of 484 nucleotides coding for 133 amino acids. Comparison of the deduced amino acid sequences of bovine ubiquitin-like/S30 ribosomal fusion protein gene with those of human, rat and mouse showed over 97% identity. The cDNA clone of bovine homolog of human proteolipid protein 2 mRNA had a total length of 928 nucleotides coding for 152 amino acids. Comparison of the deduced amino acid sequences of bovine proteolipid protein 2 with those of human and mouse showed 87.5% similarity. The cDNA clone of bovine homolog of rat thymosin beta 4 had a total length of 602 nucleotides coding for 44 amino acids. Comparison of the deduced amino acid sequences of bovine thymosin beta 4 gene with those of human, mouse and rat showed 93.1% similarity. The cDNA clone of bovine homolog of human myotrophin mRNA had a total length of 790 nucleotides coding for 118 amino acids. Comparison of the deduced amino acid sequences of bovine myotrophin gene with those of human, mouse and rat showed 83.9% similarity. The functional role of these clones in adipose tissues needs to be established.
Korean Cattle;Bovine cDNA Sequencing;Adipose Tissues
- Hannappel, E., G. J. Xu, J. Morgan, J. Hempstead and B. L. Horecker. 1982. Thymosin beta 4: a ubiquitous peptide in rat and mouse tissues. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 79:2172-2175.
- Judge, M., E. Aberle, J. Forrest, H. Hedrick and R. Merkel. 1989. Principles of Meat Science 2nd Ed. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co.
- Kim, H., Y. Chi, K. Chung, K. Kim, Y. Choi and M. Baik. 2000. Differential response of obese gene expression from fasting in bovine adipose tissues. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 64:2240-2242.
- Michiels, L., E. Van der Rauwelaert, F. Van Hasselt, K. Kas and J. Merregaert. 1993. Fau cDNA encodes a ubiquitin-like-S30 fusion protein and is expressed as an antisense sequence in the Finkel-Biskis-Reilly murine sarcoma virus. Oncogene 8:2537-2546.
- Milde, S., C. Viebahn and C. Kirchner. 2001. Proteolipid protein 2 mRNA is expressed in the rabbit embryo during gastrulation. Mech. Dev. 106:129-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-4773(01)00424-5
- Morrison, R. F. and S. R. Farmer. 2000. Hormonal signaling and transcriptional control of adipocyte differentiation. J. Nutr. 130:3116S-3121S.
- Nakamura, M. and Y. Tanigawa. 1999. Biochemical analysis of the receptor for ubiquitin-like polypeptide. J. Biol. Chem. 274:18026-18032.
- Olvera, J. and I. G. Wool. 1993. The carboxyl extension of a ubiquitin-like protein is rat ribosomal protein S30. J. Biol. Chem. 268:17967-17974.
- Pennica, D., K. J. Shaw, S. M. Luoh and W. I. Wood. 1995. Isolation of cDNA clones encoding the mouse protein V-1. Gene 15:305-306.
- Rudin, C. M., P. Engler and U. Storb. 1990. Differential splicing of thymosin beta 4 mRNA. J. Immunol. 144:4857-4862.
- Siegert, R., M. R. Leroux, C. Scheufler, F. U. Hartl and I. Moarefi. 2000. Structure of the molecular chaperone prefoldin: unique interaction of multiple coiled coil tentacles with unfolded proteins. Cell 103:621-632.
- Taoka, M., T. Yamakuni, S. Y. Song, Y. Yamakawa, K. Seta, T. Okuyama and T. Isobe. 1992. A rat cerebellar protein containing the cdc10/SWI6 motif. Eur. J. Biochem. 207:615-620.
- Vainberg, I. E., S. A. Lewis, H. Rommelaere, C. Ampe, J. Vandekerckhove, H. L. Klein and N. J. Cowan. 1998. Prefoldin, a chaperone that delivers unfolded proteins to cytosolic chaperonin. Cell 93:863-87 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0092-8674(00)81446-4
- Wang, P. H., Y. H. Ko, B. H. Liu, H. M. Peng, M. Y. Lee, C. Y. Chen, Y. C. Li and S. T. Ding. 2004. The expression of porcine adiponectin and stearoyl coenzyme a desaturase genes in differentiating adipocytes. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(5):588-593.
- Hayashi, T., T. Ogawa, M. Sato, N. Tsuchida, A. Fotovati, H. Iwamoto, Y. Ikeuchi, R. G. Cassens and T. Ito. 2001. Skeletalmyotrophin promotes the hypertrophy of myotube as insulinlike growth factor-I does. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 8:831-838.
- Chomzynski, P. and N. Sacchi. 1987. Single-step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate phenol-chloroform extraction. Anal. Biochem. 162:156-159.
- Chwetzoff, S. and S. d'Andrea. 1997. Ubiquitin is physiologically induced by interferons in luminal epithelium of porcine uterine endometrium in early pregnancy: global RT-PCR cDNA in place of RNA for differential display screening. FEBS Lett. 405:148-152.
- Wang, W. S., P. M. Chen, H. L. Hsiao, S. Y. Ju and Y. Su. 2003. Overexpression of the thymosin beta-4 gene is associated with malignant progression of SW480 colon cancer cells. Oncogene 22:3297-3306.
- Atkinson, M. J., M. W. Freeman and H. M. Kronenberg. 1990. Thymosin beta 4 is expressed in ROS 17/2.8 osteosarcoma cells in a regulated manner. Mol. Endocrinol. 4:69-74.
- Kas, K., L. Michiels and J. Merregaert. 1992. Genomic structure and expression of the human fau gene: encoding the ribosomal protein S30 fused to a ubiquitin-like protein. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 187:927-933.
- Machinal, F., M. N. Dieudonne, M. C. Leneveu, R. Pecquery and Y. Giudicelli. 1999. In vivo and in vitro ob gene expression and leptin secretion in rat adipocytes: evidence for a regional specific regulation by sex steroid hormones. Endocrinol. 140:1567-1574.
- Carninci, P. and Y. Hayashizaki. 1999. High-efficiency full-length cDNA cloning. Meth. Enzymol. 303:19-44.
- Oliva, M. M., T. C. Wu and V. W. Yang. 1993. Isolation and characterization of a differentiation-dependent gene in the human colonic cell line HT29-18. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 302:183-192.
- Kim, K. S. and M. G. Baik. 2004. Production of leptin in E. coli and its effect on glucose and acetate transport and expression of uncoupling protein-2 gene in adipose tissues of Korean Cattle (Hanwoo). Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(8):1062-1068.
- Kim, H. H., M. B. Seol, D. H. Jeon and M. G. Baik. 2001. Cloning and expression of lactate dehydrogenase H chain gene in adipose tissues of Korean cattle. Asian-Aust. J. Animal Sci. 14:1670-1674.
- Anderson, K. M., I. Berrebi-Bertrand, R. B. Kirkpatrick, M. S. McQueney, D. C. Underwood, S. Rouanet and M. Chabot-Fletcher. 1999. cDNA sequence and characterization of the gene that encodes human myotrophin/V-1 protein, a mediator of cardiac hypertrophy. J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 31:705-719.
- Gstaiger, M., B. Luke, D. Hess, E. J. Oakeley, C. Wirbelauer, M. Blondel, M. Vigneron, M. Peter and W. Krek. 2003. Control of nutrient-sensitive transcription programs by the unconventional prefoldin URI. Science 302:1208-1212.
- Kim, S. and N. Moustaid-Moussa. 2000. Secretory, endocrine and autocrine/paracrine function of the adipocyte. J. Nutr. 130:3110S-3115S.
- Gupta, S. and S. Sen. 2002. Myotrophin-kappa B DNA interaction in the initiation process of cardiac hypertrophy. Biochem. et Biophy. Acta Mol. Cell Res. 1589:247-260.
- O'Brien, R. J., I. Loke, J. E. Davies, I. B. Squire and L. L. Ng. 2003. Myotrophin in human heart failure. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 42:719-725.
- Friedman, R. L., S. P. Manly, M. McMahon, I. M. Kerr and G. R. Stark. 1984. Transcriptional and posttranscriptional regulation of interferon-induced gene expression in human cells. Cell 38:745-755.
- Carninci, P., Y. Shibata, N. Hayatsu, Y. Sugahara, K. Shibata, M. Itoh, H. Konno, Y. Okazaki, M. Muramatsu and Y. Hayashizaki. 2000. Normalization and subtraction of captrapper-selected cDNAs to prepare full-length cDNA libraries for rapid discovery of new genes. Genome Res. 10:1617-1630.
- Hansen, W. J., N. J. Cowan and W. J. Welch. 1999. Prefoldinnascent chain complexes in the folding of cytoskeletal proteins. J. Cell Biol. 145:265-277.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Ministry of Agriculture-Special Grants Research