- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Feeding Rice Protein Concentrate on Growth Performance and Ileal Digestibility in Early-weaned Pigs
- Yun, J.H. (Division of Animal Resources, Kangwon National University) ;
- Yong, J.S. (Division of Animal Resources, Kangwon National University) ;
- Chae, B.J. (Division of Animal Resources, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2004.04.09
- Accepted : 2004.11.19
- Published : 2005.03.01
These experiments were conducted to evaluate the feeding value of rice protein concentrate (RPC) in weaning pigs. In expt. I, a 5-week feeding trial was conducted with 126 pigs (L
Rice Protein Concentrate;Soy Protein Concentrate;Growth;Digestibility;Pig
- Anonymous. 2003. A bulletin for rice protein concentrate. Jungjin Co. Ltd., Seoul Korea. pp. 2-7.
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F test. Biometrics. 11:1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Gatanau, R. and D. R. Zimmerman. 1991. Spray-dried porcine plasma (SDPP) as a source of protein for weanling pigs in two environments. J. Anim. Scil. 69 (suppl.1):103 (Abstr).
- Min, B. J., J. W. Hong, O. S. Kwon, W. B. Lee, Y. C. Kim, I. H. Kim, W. T. Cho and J. H. Kim. 2004. The effect of feeding processed soy protein on the growth performance and apparent ileal digestibility in weaning pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(9):1271-1276.
- NRC. 1998. Nutrinent requirements of swine (9th ed). National Academy Press. Washington, DC.
- Pecora, L. T. and J. M. Hundley. 1951. Nutritional improvement of white polished rice by the addition of lysine and threonine. J. Nutr. 44:101.
- Pierce, J. L., G. L. Cromwell, M. D. Lindeman and R. D. Coffey. 1995. Assesment of three fraactions of spray-dried porcine plasma on performance of early weaned pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 73 (Suppl. 1):81 (Abstr.).
- SAS. 1985. SAS. User's Guide: Statistics, SAS Inst. Inc. Cary. Nc.
- AOAC. 1990. Official method of analysis (15th ed). Association of Offical Analytical Chemists. Arlington, VA.
- Kolar, C. V., S. H. Richert, C. D. Decker, F. H. Steinke and R. J. Vander Zanden. 1985. 3. Isolated soy protein. New Protein Foods. 5:261.
- Lalles, J. P. 1993. Soy products as protein sources for preruminants and young pigs. In: Soy in animal Nutrition (J. K. Drackley). Fed. Anim. Sci. Soc. Savoy, IL. pp. 106-125.
- Sohn, K. S., C. V. Maxwell, D. S. Buchanan and L. L. Southern. 1994. Improved soybean protein sources for early-weaned pigs. 1. Effects on performance and total track amino acid digestibility. J. Anim. Sci. 72:622-630.
- Moore, S. 1963. On the determination of cystine as cysteric acid. J. Biol. Sci. 238:235-237.
- Chae, B. J., In K. Han, J. H. Kim, C. J. Yang, J. D. Hancock, I. H. Kim and D. A. Anderson. 1999. Effects of dietary protein sources on ileal digestibility and growth performance for earlly-weaned pigs. Livest. Prod. Sci. 58:45-54 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-6226(98)00184-5
- Snyder, H. E. and T. W. Kwon. 1988. Soybean Utilization. p. 132.
- Cromwell, G. L. 2001. Utilization of soy products in swine diets. In: Soy in animal nutrition (J. K. Drackley). Federation of Anim. Sci. Soc. Savoy, IL. pp. 258-287.
- Gatnau, R., C. Cain, M. Drew and D. R. Zimmerman. 1995. Mode of action of spray-dried porcine plasma in weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 73 (Suppl. 1):82 (Abstr.).
- Hoseney, R. C. 1994. Principles of cereal science and technology (2nd ed). American Assoc. Cereal Chem. St. Paul, MN. p. 77.
- Kim, J. H., B. J. Chae and Y. G. Kim. 2000. Effects of replacing SDPP with DPS on ileal digestibility and growth performance in early-weaned pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 13(12):1738-1742.
- Kats, L. J., J. L. Nelssen, M. D. Tokach, R. D. Goodband, J. A. Hansen and J. L. Laurin. 1994. The effect of SDPP on growth performance in early-weaned pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 72:2075-2081 https://doi.org/10.2527/1994.7282075x
- Walker, W. R., G. L. Morgan and C. V. Maxwell. 1986. Ileal cannulation in baby pigs with a simple T-cannula. J. Anim. Sci. 63:505-512.
- Qiao Shiyan, Defa Li, Jianyang Jiang, Hongjie Zhou, Jingsu Li and P. A. Thacker. 2003. Effects of moist extruded full-fat soybeans on gut morphology and mucosal cell turnover time of weanling pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(1):63-69.
- Giesting, D. W., R. A. Easter and B. A. Roe. 1985. A comparison of protein and carbohydrate sources of milk and plant origin for starter pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 61 (Suppl. 1):299 (Abstr.).
- Zimmerman, D. R. 1998. Nutritive value of some newly developed protein sources for the early-weaned pig. Proc. Preconference Symposia. The 8th World Conference on Animal Production. June 28-July 4. Seoul National University, Seoul Korea. pp. 101-109.
- Ermer, P. M., P. S. Miller and A. J. Lewis. 1994. Diet preference and meal patterns of weaning pigs offered diets containing either SDPP or dried skim milk. J. Anim. Sci. 72:1548-1554.
- Kim, J. D., Y. Hyun, K. S. Sohn, T. J. Kim, H. J. Woo and In K. Han. 2001. Optimal dietary ratio of SDPP and DPS in improving growth performance and immune status in pigs weaned at 21 days of age. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(3):338-345.
- WHO. 1985. Energy and protein requirements. Report of a joint FAO/WHO/UNU expert consultation WHO Tech. Rep. Ser. 724. Geneva WHO. p. 206.
- Juliano, B. O. 1985. Rice: Chemistry and technology (2nd ed). American Assoc. Cereal Chem. St. Paul, MN. p. 774.
- Eggum, B. O. and B. O. Juliano. 1975. Higher protein content from nitrogen fertilizer application and nutritive value of milled rice protein. J. Sci. Food Agric. 26:425-427.
- Grist, D. H. 1983. Nutritional value of rice. In: Rice (5th ed). Longman Inc. New York, NY. pp. 449-471.
- Effect of dietary crude protein level on basal ileal endogenous losses and standardized ileal digestibilities of crude protein and amino acids in newly weaned pigs vol.92, pp.5, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0396.2007.00751.x
- Standardised ileal crude protein and amino acid digestibilities in protein supplements for piglets vol.63, pp.5, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1080/17450390903052631
- reared at winter temperatures vol.44, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2109.2011.03053.x
- Standardized ileal digestibility and digestible indispensable amino acid score of porcine and bovine hydrolyzates in pigs pp.00225142, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.8697
- Estimates of basal ileal endogenous losses of amino acids by regression analysis and determination of standardised ileal amino acid digestibilities from casein in newly weaned pigs vol.88, pp.4, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3129
- Rice protein concentrate partially replaces dried whey in the diet for early-weaned piglets and improves their growth performance vol.88, pp.7, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3196