- Volume 18 Issue 4
Potassium loading effects for activated carbon fiber pre-treated with phosphoric acid
인산을 전처리한 활성탄소섬유에 칼륨 처리효과
- Oh, Won-Chun (Department of Advanced Materials & Science Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Bae, Jang-Soon (Department of Industrial Chemistry, Dankook University)
- Received : 2005.04.04
- Accepted : 2005.07.20
- Published : 2005.08.25
The objective of this paper is to compare the surface features of two kinds of activated caron fiber (ACF) treated with potassium and the variation of their properties by phosphoric acid pre-treatment. X-ray diffraction (XRD) patterns indicate that activated carbon fiber containing potassium species show better performance for metal and metal salts by pre-treatment with phosphoric acid. In order to present the causes of the differences in surface properties and specific surface area after the samples were treated with phosphoric acid, pore structure and surface morphology were investigated by adsorption analysis and SEM. For the chemical composition microanalysis for potassium leading of the activated carbon fibers pre-treated with phosphoric acid, samples were analyzed by EDX. Finally, the type and quality of oxygen groups were determined from the method proposed by Boehm.
- Chemically modified carbon fibers and their application Emolenko, I.N.;Lyubliner, I.P.;Gulko, N.V.
- J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem. v.15 no.4 Oh, W.C.;Lee, H.J.;Bae, J.S.
- Advances in catalysis Bochm, H.P.
- J. Ind. Eng. Chem. v.11 no.1 Oh, W.C.
- Langmuir v.12 Menendez, J.A.;Phillips, J.;Xia, B.;Radovic, L.R.
- Langmuir v.13 Menendez, J.A.;Phillips, J.;Xia, B.;Radovic, L.R.
- Carbon v.12 Bansal, R.C.;Vastola, F.J.;Walker, P.L. Jr.
- Bull. Korean Chem. Soc. v.25 no.8 Oh, W.C.;Yum, M.H.
- Carbon v.35 Lisovski, A.;Semiat, R.;Aharoni, C.
- Carbon v.35 Pittman, C.U. Jr.;He, G.R.;Wu, B.;Gardner, S.D.
- J. A. Menendez, J. Phillips, B. Xia and L. R. Radovic, Langmuir, 12, 4404(1996) https://doi.org/10.1021/la9406923
- R. C. Bansal, F. J. Vastola and P. L Walker Jr., Carbon, 12, 355(1974) https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-6223(74)90078-5
- A. Lisovski, R. Semiat and C. Aharoni, Carbon, 35, 1639(1997) https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(96)00122-4
- W. C. Oh, H. J. Lee and J. S. Bae, J. Korean Ind. Eng Chem., 15(4), 434(2004)
- W. C. Oh, J. Ind. Eng Chem., 11(1), 137(2005)
- W. C. Oh and M. H. Yum, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 25(8), 1189(2004)
- I. N. Emolenko, I. P. Lyubliner, N. V. Gulko, In: Chemically modified carbon fibers and their application, New York: VCH, 1990 Chapter 6, p 155
- C. U. Pittman Jr., G. R. He, B. Wu and S. D. Gardner, Carbon, 35, 317(1997) https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6223(96)00122-4
- H. P. Boehm, Advances in catalysis, Academic press, New York, 1966
- J. A. Menendez, J. Phillips, B. Xia and L. R. Radovic, Langmuir, 13, 3414(1997) https://doi.org/10.1021/la970200x