- Volume 23 Issue 1
An Origin-Destination (O/D) is considered as one of the important information in route choices and trip assignments. A household interview survey is deemed to be the traditional and the most widely used method in making sample O/D and its conversion to the total O/D. Some researchers have studied to estimate dynamic O/D from the relationship between link volumes and trip assignment model. Nowadays, owing to the recent rapid spread of cellular phones. Location information of the cellular phone through the Base Station(BS) is considered as an alternative to O/D estimation. In this study, the methodology of generating BS-based O/D and the methodology of converting this O/D into an administrative district-based O/D are proposed. The information of GPS positions and cellular BS positions have acquired by establishing GPS equipment and cellular phone on taxies in Cheongju. Three weeks data are collected and used in estimating O/D by matching them on a digital map. Scatter diagram and sample correlation coefficients are used to investigate the similarity of the GPS-based O/D pattern among weeks, among days, and among times in day. The results show that there are few significant differences among weeks. But there is a difference in O/C pattern between weekday and weekend. Furthermore, there is a difference between morning peak and afternoon peak. Two methodologies are proposed to convert BS-based O/D into an administrative district-based O/D. The first one is to use the distribution pattern of GPS coordinates, the other is to use the coverage area of the BSs. To validate such converted O/D, GPS O/D is used as a true value. The statical analyses through scatter diagram, MAE and RMSE shows that there is few significant defference of pattern between the estimated BS-based O/D and GPS O/D. In the case of using only cellular information, the methodology using coverage area of the BSs is recommended for estimating O/D.
- Lo, H.P, and Chan, C.P.(2003), 'Simultaneous estimation of an origin - destination matrix and link choice proportions using traffic counts', TR-A, Vol 37, pp, 771-788 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0965-8564(03)00048-X
- Wu, J. and Chang, G.L.(1996), 'Estimation of time-varying origin-destination distributions with dynamic screenline flows', TR-B, Vol.30, pp.277-290 https://doi.org/10.1016/0191-2615(95)00011-9
- Ashok, K.(1996), 'Estimation and Prediction of Time-Dependent Origin-Destination Flows', Ph,D Dissertation, MIT
- Spiess, H.(1987), 'A maximum likelihood model for estimating origin- destination matrices', TR-B, Vol. 21, pp.395-412 https://doi.org/10.1016/0191-2615(87)90037-3
- 방수석(2001), '이동통신 단말기의 위치정보를 이용한 통행 O/D 표 작성기법 연구', 서울대학교 대학원 석사논문
- Sherali, H.D., Narayanan, A., and Sivanandan, R.(2003), 'Estimation of origin-destination trip-tables based on a partial set of traffic line volumes', TR-B, Vol 37, pp.815-836 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-2615(02)00073-5
- Ormsby, T., Napoleon, E., Burke, R., Groess, C., and Feaster, L.(2001), 'Getting to know ArcGis Desktop', ESRI Press
- Lo, H.P., Zhang, N, and Lam, W.H.K.(1999), 'Decomposition algorithm for statistical estimation of OD matrix with random link choice proportions from traffic counts', TR-B, Vol. 33, pp.369-385 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-2615(98)00042-3
- Hazelton, M.L.(2000), 'Estimation of origin-destination matrices from link flows on uncongested networks', TR-B, Vol. 34, pp,549-566 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-2615(99)00037-5
- 교통개발연구원(2004), 'LBS를 기반으로 한 정기 속도 측정 및 O/D 산출기법 개발'
- 교통개발연구원(2002), '다기종검지기 기반의 실시간 교통정보를 활용한 교통시설체계 개선기술개발'