- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Exit Site of Guide Pin Using Tansglenoid Suture Technique in Bankart and SLAP Lesion
Bankart 병변과 SLAP 병변에서 경견관절와 술식시 Guide Pin 출구의 분석
Rhee Kwang-Jin;Shin Hyun-Dae;Byun Ki-Yong;Kim Young-Mo;Joo Yong-Bum;Kim Kyung-Cheon
- Published : 2005.12.01
Purpose: To Analyze the exit site of pin inserted at the anterior glenoid rim in the reconstruction of the Bankart lesion and SLAP lesion using transglenoid suture technique. Materials and Methods: In the twenty adult right cadeveric scapula, insertions of pin were performed using guide at the position of 1, 2, 3 O'clock of glenoid rim. We measured the exit site of dorsal surface of the scapula by medial distance from sagittal plane of lateral border of scapular spine and the vertical distance from posterior border of the scapular spine. Results: When the pin was inserted caudally within 10 degree, at the position of 1, 2, 3 O'clock, the medial distance from lateral border of the scapula is averaged 29.4, 19.2, 34.0 mm respectively and the vertical distance from posterior border of the scapular spine is averaged 15.0, 18.6, 17.2 mm respectively. When the pin was inserted caudally within 20-30 degree, the medial distance is averaged 14.6, 14.2, 15.8 mm respectively and the vertical distance is averaged 31.6, 31.9, 32.1 mm respectively. Conclusion: When the pin was inserted caudally within ten degrees using the guide, the pin exit appeared at the more medial side of the base of scapular spine and the more inferior of scapular spine. This can make the firm suture tied over scapular spine during repair SLAP and the Bankart lesion, and also prevent the injury of suprascapular nerve.
Instability;Bankart lesion;SLAP lesion;Transglenoid suture technique;Shoulder
- Bigliani LU, Dalsey RM, MaCann PD and April EW: An anatomical study of the suprascapular nerve. Arthroscopy, 6: 301-305, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-8063(90)90060-Q
- Boardman ND and Cofield RH: Neurologic complication of shoulder surgery. Clin Orthop, 368: 44-53, 1999.
- Caspari RB and Savoie FH III: Arthroscopic reconstruction of the shoulder, The Bankart repair. Operative Arthroscopy. 1st ed. Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven. 695, 1996.
- Detrisac DA and Johnson LJ: Arthroscopic shoulder capsulorrhaphy using metal staples. Orthop Clin Noan Am, 24: 71-88, 1993.
- Lane JG, sachs RA and Reihl B: Arthroscopic staple capsulorraphy, A long-term follow up. Arthroscopy, 9: 190-194, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-8063(05)80373-1
- MacDonald PB, Hawkins RJ, Fowler PH and Miniaci A: Release of the subscapularis for internal rotation contracture and pain after anterior repair for recurrent anterior dislocation of the shoulder. J Bone Joint Surg, 74-A: 734-737, 1992.
- McGinty JB, Caspari RB, Jackson RW and Poehling GG: History, Physical examination and Diagnostic Modality. Operative Arthroscopy, 635-646, 1996.
- Morgen CD and Bodenstab AB: Arthroscopic Bankart suture repair, Technique and early result. Arthroscopy, 3: 111-112, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-8063(87)80027-0
- Rhee KJ, Byun KY, Yang JY, Song JK, Jung HT and Kim SB: Arthroscopic transglenoid suture technique, Cadaveric studies on relationship between pinning site and neurovascular structures. J Korean Orthop Assoc, 33: 1400-1406, 1998.
- Rodosky MW, Harner CD, Rudert MS, Luo L and Fu F: The role of the biceps superior abrum complex in anterior stability of the shoulder. Pittsburgh Orthop, 291: 67-74, 1993.
- Synder SJ and Strafford BB: Arthroscopic management of instability of the shoulder. Orthopaedics, 16: 993-1002, 1993.
- Waner JP, Krushell RJ, Masquelet A and Gerber C: Anatomy and relation of the suprascapular nerve. J Bone Joint Surg, 74(1): 36-45, 1992.