- Volume 29 Issue 2 Serial No. 233
Optimization of a satellite structure under severe space launching environments is performed considering various design constraints. Simulate annealing, one of combinatorial optimization techniques, is used to optimize the satellite. The optimization results by the simulated annealing are compared to those by the method of modified feasible direction and genetic algorithm. Ten bar truss structure is optimized for feasibility study of the simulated annealing. Finally, the satellite structure is optimized by the simulated annealing algorithm under space environment. Weights of the satellite upper platform and propulsion module are minimized with consideration of several static and dynamic constraints. MSC/NASTRAN is used to find the static and dynamic responses. Simulated annealing has been programmed and integrated with the finite element analysis program for optimization. It is shown that the simulated annealing algorithm can be extended to the optimization of space structures.
Simulated Annealing;Genetic Algoritham;Optimization;Satellite Structure;Honeycomb
- Jungsun Park, Jongbin Im, Jin-Hee Kim and Ik-Min Jin, 2003, 'Optimal Design of a Satellite Module Considering Load Stabilities,' Journal of KSAS,' Vol. 31, No.8, pp. 36-43
- Jungsun Park and Miran Ryu, 2004, 'Optimal Design of Truss Structures by Rescaled Simulated Annealing,' KSME International Journal, Vol. 18, No.7, pp. 1512-1518 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02990365
- Pham, D.T. and Karaboga, D., 1998, Intelligent Optimization Techniques, Springer-Verlag London Ltd, London.
- Kirkpatrick, S., Gelatt, C.D.Jr and Vecchi, M.P., 1983, 'Optimization by Simulated Annealing,' Science, Vol. 220, No. 4598, pp. 671-680 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.220.4598.671
- Aarts, E.H.L., van Laarhoven, P.J.M., 1987, Simulated Annealing: Theory and Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Bennage, W.A., Dhingra, A.K., 1995, 'Single and Multi Objective Structural Optimization in Discrete-Continuous Variables Using Simulated Annealing,' International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 38, pp. 2753-2773 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620381606
- Rao, S.S., 1996, Engineering Optimization Theory and Practice, John Wiley & Sons.
- Ingber, L., 1995, 'Adaptive Simulated Annealing : Lessons Learned,' Journal of Control and Cybernetics, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 33-54
- Herault, L., 2000, 'Rescaled Simulated Annealing-Accelerating Convergence of Si- mulated Annealing by Rescaling the States Energies,' Journal of Heuristics, Vol. 6, pp. 215-252 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009627527067
- Balling, R.J., 1991, 'Optimal steel frame design by simulated annealing,' Journal of Structural Eng,. Vol. 117, pp. 1780-1795 https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1991)117:6(1780)
- Goldberg, D.E., 1989, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company
- Michalewicz, Z., 1995, Genetic Algorithms +Data Structures=Evolution Programs, 3rd Ed., Springer