- Volume 18 Issue 4
This paper describes the development of on-line Programmable Logic Controller(PLC) laboratories to teach the detailed operation of a PLC using distance learning approach. The PLC has become a key component to provide intelligence for machines in CIM environment. This study introduces a case study that teaches PLC programming in distance learning environment. The study describes the contents of PLC laboratories and workstation set ups. The study concludes with problems found and proposes the ways to improve the on-line laboratories.
- Dong, Andy and Agogino, Alice M.(1998), Managing design information in enterprise-wide CAD using smart drawings', Computer-Aided Design, 30(6), 425-435 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4485(97)00095-X
- Hirsch, B. E., Thoben, K. -D. and Hoheisel, J. (1998), Requirements upon human competencies in globally distributed manufacturing, Computer in Industry, 36(1-2), 49-54 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-3615(97)00097-3
- National Instruments, LabVIEW User's Manual, July 2000 Edition
- Allen Bradley, Online SLC 500 Instruction Set manual
- Allen Bradley, RSwgix 500 Software Help
- Lee, S., Ebeling, K.A., and Ahmed, S.A.(2003), Simulation for Enterprise Manufacturing Network, Proceedings of 2003 KIIE Fall Conference