- Volume 30 Issue 12 Serial No. 255
In this study, fatigue tests were carried out under push-pull loading condition using spheroidal graphite cast iron in order to clarify the internal fatigue fracture mechanism in an extremely low cycle fatigue regime. It is found that a successive observation of internal fatigue damage it is found that the fracture processes go through three stages, that is, the generation, growth and coalescence of microvoids originated from debonding of graphite-matrix interface. It is also found that the crack which is initiated from the void propagates by coalescence of neighboring cracks and the fatigue crack growth rate can be expressed in form of the Manson-Coffin rule type. In this paper, quantitative analyses of fatigue properties for realization of simulation about fatigue life evaluation are also presented.
- Steven R. Lampman., 1996, 'Fatigue and Fracture Properties of Cast Irons,' ASM Handbook, Vol. 19, pp. 665-679
- Masatoshi Kuroda., 2002, 'Extremely Low ？Cycle Fatigue Life Prediction Based on a New Cumulative Fatigue Damage Model,' International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 699-703 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-1123(01)00170-0
- Yonekura, D., Aral, Y, Komotori, J. and Shimizu, M., 1999, 'Fracture Mechanism of Ferritic Ductile Cast Iron in Extremely Low Cycle Fatigue,' Trans. of JSME(A), Vol. 65, No. 632 pp. 821-826 https://doi.org/10.1299/kikaia.65.821
- Shimada, K., Komotori, J. and Shimizu, M., 1987, 'The Applicability of the Manson-Coffin Law and Miner's Law to Extremely Low Cycle ？Fatigue,' Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. (A), Vol. 53, pp. 1178-1185 https://doi.org/10.1299/kikaia.53.1178
- Kim, M. G, Lee, B. H, Yoo, B. H. and Kim, H. Y., 1999, 'The Fatigue Life Prediction by Internal Fatigue Damage under Extremely Low Cycle Loading,' Trans. of KSME(A), Vol 23, No 12, pp. 2328-2333
- Kim, M. G. and Kim, J. H., 1999, 'Influence of Matrix Structural and Mechanical Factors on Fatigue Limit in Austempered Ductile Iron,' Trans. of KSME (A), Vol. 23, No.2, pp. 287-293