- Volume 10 Issue 12
In implementing GCRA, well known as the representative user traffic policing algorithm for constant-bit rate service, it is essential to set proper values for delay variation tolerance in order to prevent network overload and excessive user data loss due to delay variation incurred inevitably during transmission process. In this paper, we investigate the performance of GCRA algorithm for various values of delay variation tolerance and suggest a guideline for setting proper delay variation tolerance values.
- Kabir, H. et. al., 'A CBR-streaming scheme for VBR-encoded videos', IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and signal Processing, 2005. PACRlM. 2005 24-26 Aug. 2005. pp.213-216
- Naaman, N., Rom, R., 'Scheduling constant bit rate flows in data over cable networks', Computers and Communications, 2002. Proceedings. ISCC 2002. 1-4 July 2002, pp.577-582
- J. Roberts, F. Guillemin, 'Jitter in ATM networks and its impact on peak rate enforcement,' Perf. Eval., 16, Nov. 1992, 35-48 https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-5316(92)90066-P
- Bing Zheng, Atiquzzaman, M., 'System design and network requirements for interactive multimedia', IEEE Tr. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol.15, Jan. 2005, pp.145-153 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2004.839982
- A. Fichou, P.-A. Foriel, 'Spacing/Policing function on VP/VC basis', ATM Forum Document/94-0049, Jan. 17-20, 1994
- ATM Forum, ATM User-Network Interface Specification Version 3.0, Sept. 10, 1993