- Volume 10 Issue 12
In this paper, We have proposed an Heterodyne technique to generate millimeter-wave signal. Microwave signals in cellular broadband mobile communication networks and distributed networks can favorably be generated and distributed by optical techniques. In principle, these techniques have already been investigated for optical control of phase-array antennas, characterization of photo-detector and phase locking of millimeter-wave oscillators and now being applied to wireless communications. The generation and transmission of millimeter-wave radio signals by optical means is of interest for future pico-cell broadband mobile communication system, especially for systems operating at frequencies of 300GHz.
- M. Gagnaire, 'An overview of broad-band access technologies,' Proc. of IEEE, vol. 85, no. 12, pp. 1958-1972, 1997 https://doi.org/10.1109/5.650178
- U. Gliese, S. Nerskov, and N. Nielsen, 'Chromatic dispersion in fiber-optic microwave and millimeter-wave links,' IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 44,no. 10,pp. 1716-1724, 1996 https://doi.org/10.1109/22.538964
- R.-P. Braun, 'Fibre Raio Systems, Applications and Devices,' in Tutorial European Conferenece on Optical Communication(ECOC'98), vol. 2, pp. 87-119,1998
- G. H. Smith, D. Novak, and Z. Ahmed, 'Overcoming chromatic-dispersion effects in fiber-wireless systems incorporating external modulators,' IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1410-1415,1997 https://doi.org/10.1109/22.618444
- L. N. Langley, M. O. Elkin, C. Edge, M. J. Wale, U. Gliese, X. Huang, and A. J. Seeds, 'Packaged semiconductor laser optical phase-locked loop (OPLL) for photonic generation, processing and transmission of microwave signals,' IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 1257-1264,1999 https://doi.org/10.1109/22.775465
- Y.-K. Sea, W.-Y. Choi, and A-J. Kim, Optical generation of 32 GHz millimeter-waves using side-mode injection-locking of semiconductor lasers, in Dig. Conference on Optoelectronics and Optical Communications, ThC2-5, pp. 239-240, 2000