- Volume 30 Issue 1 Serial No. 244
Since Risk Based Inspection(RBI) was introduced to quality the risks for jet engine and nuclear power, the technique has been expanded to the area of petrochemical plant. Recently among USA and Europe, window-based computer programme for RBI has been rapidly developed. When local companies procure such program to apply to their plants, it is difficult to build up a proper database as well as expect a good result. In this regards, K-RBI programme accustomed to Korean environments was developed. After completion of the programme in 2004, it was tested by 2 local petrochemical plants and was produced fruitful results. By using these programme, we are expecting accident prevention through risk based planning and implementing of equipment inspection, and saving dollars caused by procuring foreign expensive programme.
Accident Prevention;RBI;K-RBI;Petrochemical Plant
- Center for Research and Technology Development American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2000 'Risk-Based Testing : Development of Guidlines,' ASME, Vol. 40, No. 1
- Center for Research and Technology Development American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1994, 'Risk-Based Inpection, Development of Guidelines,' ASME, Vol. 20, No. 1
- American Petroleum Institute, 2001 'Risk-Based Inspection,' API 580
- American Petroleum Institute, 2000, 'Risk-Based Inspection Basic Resource Document,' API 581
- Korea Society of Mechanical Engineers, KSME, 2003, 'A Study on Implementation of Risk Based Inspection Procedures to a Petrochemical Plant,' Trans. of the KSME A, Vol 27, No. 3 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.3.416
- Korea Atomic Energy Resserch Institute, May, 2002, 'The 7th Korea-Japan PSA Workshop,'
- TISCHUK, 2003, 'User Manual T-OCA V.2 & Whatlf Ver. 2.0,' T-OCA V. 2 User Manual
- DNV, 1993, 'User Manual for Process Hazard Analysis Software Tools(PHA-ST),' DNV Technical Manual Ver 4.1