- Volume 10 Issue 5
A Study on the Determination of Construction Depth of Vertical Drain by Cone Resistance
콘 관입저항치를 이용한 수직배수재 타설심도 결정에 관한 연구
- Received : 2006.04.21
- Published : 2006.09.30
Recently, piezocone penetration test is frequently used in order to estimate the characteristics of soft ground with standard penetration test, generally used in the past. In this study, the correlation of standard penetration test, piezocone penetration test and driving resistance of vertical drain is analyzed in order to increase the confidence for determination of soft ground depth. As the results of each zone, the relation between standard penetration test and piezocone penetration test shows qc=(1.09~1.63)N at the soft ground, determined by 5/30 N value which is decided for soft ground criteria. And qc=(1.21~1.98)N was shown at the point of compressible layer, evaluated by the preconsolidation pressure. And driving resistance of vertical drain is
- Davidson, J. L. & Boghrat, A., "Displacement and strains around probes in sand", ASCE Special Conference on Geotechnical Practice in Offshore Engineering, Austin, Texas, 1983, pp.181-203.
- Douglas, B. J. & Olsen, R. S., "Soil Classification using electric cone penetrometer. Cone penetration testing and experience", Proceeding of the ASCE National Convention, St. Louis, ASCE, 1981, pp.209-227.
- Senneset, K., & Janbu, N., "Shear Strength Parameters obtained from Static CPT", Strength Testing of Marine Sediments(STP 883), R. C. Chaney and K. R. Demars, ed, ASTM, Philadelphia, 1985, pp.41-54.
- 한국지반공학회, "지반조사 결과의 해석 및 이용", 1994, pp 61-72.
- Campanella, R. G., Robertson, P. K., "Current Status of the Piezocone Testing", 1st International Conference on Penetration Testing, Disney World, 1998, pp.112-121.
- Lutenegger, A. J. & Kabir, M., "Dilatometer C-reading to help determine stratigraphy", Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Penetration Testing, ISOPT-1, Orlando, Florida, Vol. 1, 1988, pp.549-554.
- Schmertmann, J. H., "Guidelines for cone penetration test, performance and design", US Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC, Report, FHWA- TS-78-209, 1978, pp.145-190.
- Lunne, T., Robertson, P. K., & Powell, J. J., "Cone Penetration Testing in Geotechnical Practice", Blackie Academic & Professional. 1997, pp.98-145.