- Volume 7 Issue 2
The objective of this paper is to present trajectory guidance and control system with a dynamic inversion for a small unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). The UAV model is expressed by fixed-mass rigid-body six-degree-of-freedom equations of motion, which include the detailed aerodynamic coefficients, the engine model and the actuator models that have lags and limits. A trajectory is generated from the given waypoints using cubic spline functions of a flight distance. The commanded values of an angle of attack, a sideslip angle, a bank angle and a thrust, are calculated from guidance forces to trace the flight trajectory. To adapt various waypoint locations, a proportional navigation is combined with the guidance system. By the decision logic, appropriate guidance law is selected. The flight control system to achieve the commands is designed using a dynamic inversion approach. For a dynamic inversion controller we use the two-timescale assumption that separates the fast dynamics, involving the angular rates of the aircraft, from the slow dynamics, which include angle of attack, sideslip angle, and bank angle. Some numerical simulations are conducted to see the performance of the proposed guidance and control system.
Flight trajectory guidance;Cubic spline;Dynamic inversion;Proportional navigation;UAV
- Y. Baba, S. Miyamoto, 'Given flight trajectory controller for aircraft', JSASS'90 38- 440, pp. 494- 501, 1990. (In Ja panese)
- Blajer W., 'Aircr aft program motion along a pr edetermined trajectory. Part II. Numerical simulation with application of spline functions to trajectory definitions', Aeronautical Journal, 1990.2, pp. 53 - 58
- S. Ochi, H. Takano, Y. Baba, 'FLIGHT TRJECTRY TRACKING SYSTEM AppLIED TO INVERSE CONTROL FOR AEROBATIC MANEUVERS', INVERSE PROBLEMS IN ENGINEERING MECHANICS, pp. 337 - 344, 2002 Elsev ier Science Ltd.
- D. Ito, J. Georgie , J. Valasek, D. T. Ward, 'Reentry Vehicle Flight Controls Design Guideline s : Dynamic Inversion', NASA/TP-2002-210 771
- Mazzoni S., V. Rossi, M.E. Penati, 'Modeling, Control and Simulation of a Light Twin-Engine Aircraft', 15th IFAC Symposium on Automatic Control in Aero space, Bologna, Italy, Sep. 2-7, 2001
- Rauw M.O., 'FDC 1.2: A Simulink Toolbox for Flight Dynamics and Control Analysis', Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. 1998
- Aerosonde, aircraft overview. Aeroson deunmanned aerial vehicle. Web site : http://www.aerosonde.com/aircraft
- Y. Baba, H. T akano, M. Sano, 'De sired Trajectory and Guidance Force Generators for an Aircraft', AIAA-96-3738, 1996
- Aero Sim, Matlab/Simulink block library. Aerosim blockset. Web site : http://www. u-dynamics.com/aerosim/default.htm
- Y. Baba , H. Takano, S. Miyamoto and K. One, 'Air Combat Guidance Law for an UCAV', 1st UAV Conference, Portsmouth, Virginia, May 20-23, 2002, AIAA-2002-3427