- Volume 30 Issue 4 Serial No. 247
DOI QR Code
The Optimal Design for Noise Reduction of the Intake System in Automobile Using Kriging Model
크리깅을 이용한 자동차 흡기계의 소음 저감에 대한 최적 설계
- Published : 2006.04.01
Recently, the regulations of the government and the concerns of people have rise to the interest in noise pollution levels as compared to other vehicles. In this area, many researchers have studied to reduce this noise in the field of automotive engineering. This paper proposes an optimal design scheme to reduce the noise of the intake system by adapting Kriging with two meta-heuristic techniques. For this, as a measuring tool for the performance of the intake system, the performance prediction software, was used. Then, the length and radius of each component of the current intake system are selected as input variables and the orthogonal arrays is adapted as a space-filling design. With these simulated data, we can estimate a correlation parameter in Kriging by solving the nonlinear problem with a genetic algorithm and find an optimal level for the intake system by optimizing Kriging estimated with simulated annealing. We notice that this optimal design scheme gives noticeable results and is a preferable way to analyze the intake system. Therefore, an optimal design for the intake system is proposed by reducing the noise of its system.
- Kim, Y.G., Youn, B. S. and Lee, S.B., 1997, 'Meta-Heuristic Methods,' Young-Gi co.
- Cha, K. J., Park, Y. S., Ryu, J. S., Jin, J. U., 2002, 'The Kriging Method with Robust Design for Low Noise Intake System,' The Korean Society for Quality Management, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 133-143
- Bacchi, B. and Kottegoda, N.T., 1995, 'Indentification and Calibration of Spatial Correlation Patterns of Rain Fall Journal of Hydrology,' Vol. 165, pp. 311-348 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(94)02590-8
- Booker, A.J., 1996, 'Case Studies in Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments. Proceedings of the Section on Physical and Engineering Sciences,' American Statistical Association
- Booker. 'Multi-level Design Optimization: A Boeing/IBM/Rice Collaborative Project. 1996 Final Report,' ISSTECH-96-031, The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA.
- Chambers, L., 1994, 'Practical Handbook of Genetic Algorithm,' CRC Press
- Chen, W., Jin, R. and Simpson, T.W., 2002, 'Comparative Studies of Meta-Modeling Techniques Under Multiple Modeling Criteria. 8th ALAA/USAF/NASA/ISSMO Symposium on Multidiscriplinary Analysis and Optimization,' AIAA-2000-4801
- Davis, L., 1991, 'Handbook of Genetic Algorithm,' Van Nostrand Reinhold
- Deceneiere, E., Fouquet, C. and Meyer, F., 1998, 'Applications of Kriging to Image Sequence Cooling,' Signal processing; Image communication, Vol. 13, pp. 227-249 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0923-5965(98)00007-1
- Guinta, A.A., 1997, 'Aircraft Multidisciplinary Design Optimization Using Design of Experiments Theory and Response Surface Modeling, Ph. D. Dissertation and MAD Center Report No. 97-05-01,' Department of Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Virginia, Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA.
- Hwang, W.J., Park, G.J. and Lee, W.I., 1994, 'Structural Optimization Post Processing Using Taguchi Method,' JSME, Series A, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 166-172
- Kim, J.K., 1999, 'Optimum Design of a Heat-Exchanger-Fan Casing of Clothe Using the Taguchimethod,' KSME International Journal, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp.962-972 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03184763
- Krige, D.G., 1951, 'A Statistical Approach to Some Basic Mine Valuation Problems on the Witwatersrand,' Journal of the Chemical. Metallurgical and Mining Society of South Africa. Vol. 52, pp. 119-139
- Lawton, G., 1992, 'Genetic Algorithms for Scheduling Optimization. AI Expert'
- Lee, K.H., Eom, I.S., Park, G.J. and Lee, W.I., 1995, 'Robust Design for Unconstrained Optimization Using Taguchi Method,' AIAA Journal, Vol. 34, No. 5, pp.1059-1063 https://doi.org/10.2514/3.13187
- Mardia, 1996, 'Kriging and Splines with Derivative Information,' Biometrica, Vol. 83, pp. 207-221 https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/83.1.207
- Matheron, G., 1962, 'Traite de Geotatistique Appliquee. Tome I,' Memoires du Burean de Recherches Geologigues et Minieres, Vol. 14, Editions Technip, Paris
- Matheron, G., 1969, 'Le Krigeage Universel,' Cahiers du Centre de Morphologie Mathematique, Vol. 1, Fontainebleau, France
- Matheron, G., 1971, 'The Theory of Regionalized Variables and its Applications,' Cahiers du Centre de Morphologie Mathematique, Vol. 5, Fontainebleau, France
- Metropolis, N., Rosenbluth, M. and Rosenbluth, A, 1953, 'Teller and E. Teller Equation of State Calculations by Fast Computing Machines,' Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol. 21, pp. 1087-1092 https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1699114
- Mishima Nozomu, Ishii Kosuke and Mori, Kazuo, 1998, 'Robustness Estimation for Machine Tool Designs Using Taguchi Method,' SOURCE Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 64, pp. 1502-1506 https://doi.org/10.2493/jjspe.64.1502
- Oh, J.E., Han, K.H. and Lee, J.C, 1995, 'Analysis and Advance for Performance of the Muffler of a Passenger Car,' Proceedings of Spring Conference, pp. 726-732
- Oh, I.E., Han, K.H. and Son, D.Y. 1996, 'The Design Technique for Low-Noise Intake System of Vehicle,' Proceedings of Autumn Conference, Korean Society of Automotive Engineering, pp. 317-322
- Piazza, 1983, 'The Making and Testing of Geographic Gene-Frequency Maps,' Biometrics, Vol. 37, pp. 635-659 https://doi.org/10.2307/2530147
- Ryu, J.S., Kim, M.S., Cha, K.J., Lee, T.H. and Choi, D.H., 2002, 'Kriging Interpolation Methods in Geostatistics and DACE Model,' KSME International Journal, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 619-632
- Sacks, J., Welch, W.J., Mitchell, T.J. and Wynn, P.H., 1989, 'Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments,' Statistical Science, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 409-435 https://doi.org/10.1214/ss/1177012413
- Sasena. M.J., 1998, 'Optimization of Computer Simulations via Smoothing Splines and Kriging Metamodels,' M.S.Thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Simpson, T.W., Peplinski, J.D., Koch, P.N. and Allen. J.K., 1997, 'On the use of Statistics Indesign and the Implications for Deterministic Computer Experiments,' ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences, Sept. 14-17, 1997, Sacramento, California
- Simpson, T.W., 1998, 'A Concept Exploration Method for Product Family Design,' Ph.D. Dissertation, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Srinivas, M. and Patnaik, L., 1994, 'Adaptive Probabilities of Crossover and Mutation in Genetic Algorithms,' IEEE Trans. Systems Man and Cybernetics https://doi.org/10.1109/21.286385
- Webster, R., 1985, 'Quantitative Spatial Analysis of Soil in the Field. Advances is Soil Science. 3,' B.A. Stewart(ed.), New York, Springer Verlag, pp. 1-70