- Volume 9 Issue 2 Serial No. 33
Subway widely used as a major mean of public transportation both at home and abroad contributes to ease chronic traffic congestion in cities. However, subway operating expense is expected to increase continuously because subway requires vast amount of money at the construction stage, huge sum of maintenance cost is spent during operation, and passenger needs for more convenient facilities is increasing. on the contrary to enormous operating expenses, fare that is occupying most of operating income doesn't come up to its prime cost causing chronic operating deficit. It is urgent to prepare fare system improvement measures to increase operating income in order to resolve financial difficulty of a subway operating organization. Therefore, the current study analyzed present condition and problems of subway fare system, and suggested improvement measures such as improvement of fare adjustment procedure, improvement of free-ride system, diversification of ticket, etc.
- 서울지하철공사(2005), '2005년도 지하철 수송계획' pp.190
- 서울지하철공사(2004), '중장기 경영계획', pp.112
- 서울지하철공사(2005), '2004년도 지하철 경영분석' pp.22-76
- 석재은, 정경희, 김용하, 이윤경(2005), '노인 교통이용 등 요금제도 연구', 보건복지부, pp.46-54
- 고종하(1999), '지하철 여객운송규정 해설', 지수회, pp.81