- Volume 17 Issue 4 Serial No. 107
Electric fuel sender fur the vehicle fuel gauge system was designed and fabricated based on the CPW(Co-Planer Waveguide) transmission line theory. It is applied on this system that characteristic impedance of RF transmission line can be varied by the surrounded material of the line. By the characteristic impedance owing the level of gasoline or diesel fuel in vehicle fuel tank, CPW line has corresponding reflected signal as much as changed impedance. Detected signal is amplified, and delivered to fuel indicator into cluster unit on dash board. Conventional floating mechanical buoy level gauge has several defects as low reliability and high break down rate by mechanical operation, and has not good linearity for the fuel level difference. CPW line with electric circuits are constructed on 1.6 mm thickness epoxy substrate, and measurement shows that this system has more accurate level and better linearity than conventional mechanical system. New electric fuel sender which has good productivity with long lifetime and low-in-cost by the SMT chip assembling could be replaced this system with conventional floating buoy system.
- 선행연구팀, '전자식 연료센더 사업계획서 발표자료', 경창산업 선행연구팀 보고서, 2003년 11월
- D. M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1998
- K. C. Gupta, R. Garge, I. Bahl, and P. Bhartia, Microstrip Lines and Slotlines, 2nd Edition, Artech House, 1996
- 김영권, 마이크로파공학, 진영사, 1995년
- 선행연구팀, 'DFSS 자동차 연료계 시스템 개발사양', 경창산업 선행연구팀 개발보고서, 2005년 9월
- 손태호, '전송선을 이용한 자동차 연료 게이지', 대한민국 발명특허 제0517305호