- Volume 1 Issue 1
Conceptually, mechanical port of an electric machine can be doubled and the concept of dual-mechanical-port (DMP) will then give birth to a new breed of electric machines. In this paper, the various possible structures of DMP electric machine are discussed. Basic modeling and analysis issues related to the DMP electric machine are presented. An exemplary design of DMP machine is given and verified by FEM results. Potential applications and future research work are given to conclude the paper.
- S. A. Nasar, L. E. Unnerhr, 'Electromechanics and Eletric Machines,' (Book), John Wiley and Sons, 1983
- L. Xu, 'A New Breed of Electric Machines - Basic Analysis and Applications of Dual Mechanical Port Electric Machines', International Conference On Electric Machine and Systems, Sept. 2005, Nanjing, China
- Martin J. Hoeijmakers, Jan A. Ferreira, 'The ElectricalVariable Transmission', IEEE-IAS Annual Meeting Proceedings, Oct. 2004, Seattle
- Yuusuke Minagawa, Masaki Nakano, Minoru Arimitsu and Kan Akatsu, 'New Concept Motor with Dual Rotors Driven by Harmonic', SAE TECHNICAL, PAPER SERIES 2002-01-2857, NISSAN Motor Co.. LTD
- Emerging Multiport Electrical Machines and Systems: Past Developments, Current Challenges, and Future Prospects vol.65, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2777388