- Volume 9 Issue 4
In this research, a case study for cooperative learning practiced in a design class for environmental engineering was presented. Designing a treatment facility for urban diffuse pollution was a main problem given to the participants. Turn-key system for civil works were simulated throughout class works. Twenty five students were grouped into four virtual companies and assigned own position from chairperson to workers. Each group competed throughout establishing design concept regarding order, expense calculation, process distribution, actual calculation. Best design with lowest bidding won the first place. For evaluating class effectiveness, one student from each group were monitored thorough semester. Participants were improved for their understanding about company establishment, turn-key system management, awareness about personal management, and presentation skills. Tension of the class was effectively elevated as well.
Cooperative learning;problem based learning;turn-key system;environmental engineering
- 최유현(2005). 창의적 공학교육을 위한 문제중심학습(PBL) 모형과 절차의 탐색. 공학교육연구, 8(1), 99-112
- 황성호, 권오채 김용세(2005). 기계공학에서의 PBL 적용 교과과정 개발: 제품해체 설계추론. 공학교육연구, 8(1), 20-30
- 강소연. 조형의. 홍종일. 김의준. 박성은(2005) 공학교육에서의 PBL 수업의 효과 연구. 공학교육연구, 8(2), 24-34
- 김기현(2003). 합동학습의 적용사례 연구. 공학교육연구, 5(2), 36-41
- 김명랑. 윤우영. 김동환. 정진택(2004). 학습 성과 달성을 위한 평가도구 연구: Part1초점그룹. 공학교육연구, 7(4), 22-31