- Volume 9 Issue 4
Today it is critical for all engineers to have the capability of interacting in teams with members of different background and to meet the challenges that they will encounters in their careers. To satisfy such needs multidisciplinary engineering-design courses are attracting more attentions than ever in the engineering education community. In this paper we analyze the learning effectiveness of interdisciplinary design teams in an engineering design course in Dongguk University. The comparison analysis between monodisciplinary teams and interdisciplinary ones demonstrates higher learning effectiveness of interdisciplinary teams. In addition, the student evaluation of learning effectiveness points out that communication skill is one of the most important factors for a successful project. Such results show that multidisciplinary design courses must gain wider acceptance in engineering education and engineering students must have more chances to experience multidisciplinary teamwork.
- 김정식(2004). 공학교육방법 : 일본에서의 공학교육의 의미와 최근 공학교육정책의 변화, 공학교육, 11(1), 47-53
- 김춘길, 노태천(2001). 공학 교육의 미래 지향적 평가 방안. 공학교육의 발전방안. 대한공업교육학회지, 28(2), 95-106
- 박영필(2004). 이공계 기피현상과 요구되는 변황. 공학교육, 11(4), 108-114
- Borchardt, J. K.(1996), Navigating the New Workplace. Graduating Engineering, 17(3), 22-26
- 임윤묵(2004). 공학교육방법 : 미국 공학교육의 최근 동향. 공학교육, 11(3), 50-52
- 함승연(2003). 미국 공학교육 인증제도를 통해 본 공학교육의 발전방안. 대한공업교육학회지, 28(2), 95-1096