- Volume 9 Issue 4
HIU(Hong-Ik University) has inculcated students with values necessary to serve society as independent, creative, and cooperative professionals. In HIU, students are encouraged to foster independent thinking, free from the influence of others, but are forged to cultivate their creativity in harmony with the knowledge and experience of others. In the department of MSDE(Mechanical and System Design Engineering), students are educated via three major courses for targeting engineering design, Creative Engineering Design (freshman), Design Process (Senior), and Creative Product Development (Junior). All these courses are based on personal tool exercises for design software and hardware and team-project group activities of the students with other team members. This paper will briefly discuss the main focuses of these courses and case studies of the teaching results.
Creative Design;Design Process;Engineering Education for Design in Mind
- ABEEK-Accreditation Bord for Engineering Education of Korea(2005), KEC 2005, On-line. Avalilable: http://www.abeek.or.kr
- Gm(2004), PACE in Action, 3rd/5th Quarter
- 지해성, 임현준, 정남인, 소현철, 김송희, 김남두, 정영수, 김좌년, 서보경(2006). PACE 프로그램기반 자동차 개발 산학 프로젝트, 한국 CAD/CAM 학회 학술발표회 논문집, 133-136
- Gm(2005), PACE Overview, On-line. Available: http://www. pacepartners. org
- Han, B.k, Choi, S.J., Kim, B.J., Cho. S.S., Kim, J.S., Jee, H.S. and Park, S.H.(2004), A case study and survey for devolopment of ne curriculeum and learning method for mechanical and system design engineering, Korean Journal of Engineering Education, 7(2), 40-50