- Volume 10 Issue 6
In Wireless Sensor Networks(WSNs), a sensor node broadcasts the acquisited sensing data to neighboring other nodes and it makes serious data duplication problem that increases network traffic loads and data loss. This problem is concerned with the conflict condition for supporting both the reliability of data transfer and avoidance of network congestion. To solve the problem, a reliable congestion control protocol is necessary that considers critical factors affecting on data transfer reliability such as reliable data transmission, wireless loss, and congestion loss for supporting effective congestion control in WSNs. In his paper, we proposes a reliable congestion protocol, called HRCCP, based on hop-hop sequence number, and DSbACK by minimizing useless data transfers as an energy-saved congestion control method.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, E. Cayirci, 'Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey', Computer Network, Vol. 38, 2002
- A. B. Forouzan, S. C. Fegan, 'TCP/IP Protocol Suite', 2nd Edition, ISBN 0-07-246060-1, 2003
- C.-Y. Wan, A. Campell, L. Krishnamurthy, 'PSFQ: A Reliable Transport Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks', In Proceedings of the Int'l Workshop on Sensor Networks and Arch(WSNA), September 2002
- C.-Y. Wan, S. B. Eisenman, A. T. Campbell, 'CODA: Congestion Detection and Avoidance in Sensor Networks', In Proceedings of ACM Sensys'03, Los Angeles, USA, November 2003
- C. Wang, K. Sohraby, B. Li, 'SenTCP: A Hop-by-hop Congestion Control Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks', In Proceedings of IEEE lNFOCOM 2005 (poster Paper), Miami, Florida, USA, March 2005